March 29, 2024, 06:06:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Brightness Settings  (Read 9995 times)

Ptress

Brightness Settings
« on: May 07, 2017, 01:06:00 am »
I would love the ability to dim the lights on this thing as it's the brightest thing in my room by far.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Brightness Settings
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 04:56:09 am »
LOL!  Never heard of someone complaining about their music tech having too many lights/too much light, usually it's the other way around.
A practical use of that maybe to remove led induced hum.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

antonriehl

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:25:27 pm »
I'd also love brightness controls. When working in a dimmer room, the panel is so bright it's almost blinding. This was something I started looking for almost immediately when I purchased my unit recently.
Honestly I'm surprised that more people don't want it, and to see such a condescending response to a very valid point.

I can imagine it would be difficult to add in a setting like this though, if the feature wasn't planned in advance, so not not sure if it's a realistic request... :(

endreola

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 03:24:14 pm »
Pad brightness is in overdrive.  I too would like to see an option to reduce brightness.  Preferably in steps, whereby each step reducing/increasing brightness by 50%.

endreola

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 03:33:59 pm »
LOL!  Never heard of someone complaining about their music tech having too many lights/too much light, usually it's the other way around.
A practical use of that maybe to remove led induced hum.

Not everyone's eyesight is the same.  Some are subject to light sensitivity. 

Pergamo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 12:34:32 am »
+1 from my side. It is also the brightest unit in my room. Blinding me at night. The irony: at daylight my room is pretty bright and you can barely see which pad is on or off. Honestly, this is bad product design. Nobody tested this unit in real life (outside the basement). I never had such problems with my other units. The keyword is light density.

tom_a

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »
+1 from here. It is very bright - to bright for a club stage in my opinion, and even in the studio it's the brightest thing Ive got so far.

obryan

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 10:56:28 pm »
+1 from me aswell
i compose in a relaxed lighting settiing. Getting blasted with harsh blue hihat pulse light is not fun.
can we get a confirmation wether this is fixable via a firmware update
otherwise i need to find some stickers to block out the light

botheyes

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 04:52:23 am »
+1 — new to this forum and getting stoked on the idea of dimming my BSP. I used it recently at a more intimate club performance and woah 8)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 09:39:40 am »
Funny thing is, I can get a second BSP in black 2nd hand for a steal, but I don't want it because the last owner covered the pads with black stickers to stop the light.  They say it'll leave a sticky mess on the pads if removed, so I don't want it.  I'll buy the reissued black edition instead so I can have my led chaser, heheh.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

seabearho

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 08:38:10 am »
+1 So bright. Its hard to use at night. If I could turn off the lights all together that would be fine.

seabearho

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 07:20:18 pm »
Or, another potential solution would be a means of leaving mute individual drum tracks enabled (rather than having to press Drum + Mute + Pad).

mbizon

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 11:39:46 am »
Has anyone had any luck with muting the brightness of their BSP lights?
Since there doesnt seem to be firmware control from Arturia for this, it seems like the best option would be to open the casing and add some resistance to the LEDs, fixed or even variable:)
I havent cracked the casing, so unsure if a SMD package would allow space for this, but curious..

Artemi

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 04:24:22 am »
please give us brightness settings, it was a suprise to find out how bright this thing is!

rgc2000

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2019, 05:26:41 pm »
Well, this feature has been added to Keystep, so it should be doable in BSP. At least for backlit buttons.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines