April 24, 2024, 04:38:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matrixbrute - manufacturing errors in keyboard! White keys uneven.  (Read 2346 times)

robst247

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • RobSt247 on SoundCloud
Hi - I bought a Matrixbrute on 14 April at Keymusic, Utrecht, NL and it has manufacturing errors in the keyboard. Some of the white keys are higher than others. In some cases, the height differences are as much as 2 to 3 mm.  >:(
SEE PHOTO
I took that Matrixbrute back to the shop and they ordered a replacement, which I received today. It also has an uneven keyboard, though the height differences are not as bad as the first one I had.
The shop is going to raise this issue with Arturia.
I expect a perfect keyboard on an instrument that costs EUR 1999.
Has anyone else noticed this issue with the Matrixbrute's white keys? If so, please complain to Arturia
Arturia needs to be aware of this issue and urgently address it. IT'S AN UNACCEPTABLE LACK OF QUALITY CONTROL
Otherwise, I love my Matrixbrute. The shop in Utrecht has promised me that if they receive one with a more even keyboard, I can have it.

Cheers, Rob
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:10:17 am by robst247 »
Morpheus: "Nobody can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."

robst247

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • RobSt247 on SoundCloud
Re: Matrixbrute - manufacturing errors in keyboard! White keys uneven.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 02:38:21 am »
Hello Edouard,

Thanks for your reply.

I have received an email from Amine of the Arturia Sales Team regarding this case, which has this tracking ticket: 339810_93fi7rt7b0rdiu8g

I have been given a replacement Matrixbrute by the shop (Keymusic, Utrecht, NL) but I'm sad to report to you that the white keys on this replacement unit [SERIAL NUMBER 5201400958011942] also show irregularities. SEE ATTACHED PHOTO. Notice the dip around G - A - B in the second octave. And the lowest C is literally LOW: about 2 mm under the adjacent D! I really love the Matrixbrute, but this keybed problem is not OK on an instrument selling for EUR 1999.  :(
Keymusic is also going to raise this issue with your company.

In comparison, I have a five-octave Korg Triton Classic which is perfectly flat over the whole range.

Kind regards,
Rob Stuart
Morpheus: "Nobody can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."

SoundRider

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 09:17:44 am »
After having had a look on my MB keybed and comparing to my other synths (similar price range) a must say ... yes, there is a quality issue. My MB keybed is better in comparison to the one, which the OP describes ... and if feel no need to return it, but yes, the keys could indeed be more evenly in hight.

BobTheDog

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 06:36:13 pm »
Just checked mine, it is perfectly flat apart from the highest key which is a little lower.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 11:18:03 am »
Dear users.

My name is Edouard, Support Manager at Arturia.

Regarding the Matrixbrute, we have focused our efforts on the keybed functional aspects in order to deliver a very good feeling and an excellent uniformity of the velocity & aftertouch response.

However, a very small number of cosmetic issues have been reported by you guys.

Fortunately this is not a large spread incident, and doesn't have any impact on the keyboard feeling.

Though, we are taking a high consideration to your messages regarding this behaviour, as we want to deliver the best to our customers, both in a musical & aesthetical aspect.

Consequently, we have already reinforced our quality controls regarding the keybed alignment.

Out of that, I hope that you guys are fully enjoying this amazing synth.

If you need to contact us for any reason, feel free to send us a mail through this form: https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

Kind regards

Edouard
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:36:50 am by Edouard_Arturia »
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines