March 28, 2024, 05:07:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Maracas channel broken  (Read 7148 times)

badpioneer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Maracas channel broken
« on: May 01, 2017, 10:04:13 pm »
The maracas channel on my DrumBrute is suddenly very quiet and only making a faint clicking noise. The tambourine is also quiet too but not as bad as the maracas. The maracas doesn't sound like it used to. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it?

Here's a video of the problem:
https://youtu.be/61Otvqa50jM

cabana

Re: Maracas channel broken
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 08:53:53 pm »
Yes I just noticed mine is doing the same thing. I've had the thing for a month and it's just sat in the same place. Maracas no turned all the way up a quiet sizzle just like your video. What to do?

:-\

badpioneer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 01:41:27 am »
I contacted Arturia and they had me send it in for repairs due to a faulty white noise generator. I just sent it in the mail today so we'll see how quick the turnaround is. Their e-mail response only took a couple days which I think was due to sending it late on a Friday.

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:51:36 am »
Same here, at least two users here in Sweden had the same problem. The snare drum is affected as well. Perhaps even the cymbal and hihats.

badpioneer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 07:44:44 am »
Sorry to hear others are having similar issues. Arturia was easy to communicate with and the repair was done quickly. I'm pretty satisfied with their response.

Crafty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 12:50:07 pm »
I recognize this problem as well although i need to test it again now i suppose.

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 01:34:18 am »
The Maracas which is just a burst of noise on mine seem lower in volume than everything else and the snare would benefit from a bit more white noise - is there a trimmer that can be adjusted like on nearly all analog drum machines from the 1980s? Is the noise source digital or a nice random transistor like in the good old days?

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 11:44:11 am »
Hi all,

is there a trimmer that can be adjusted like on nearly all analog drum machines from the 1980s?

There is no trimmer.

Is the noise source digital or a nice random transistor like in the good old days?

The white noise is done by a transistor.

Perhaps even the cymbal and hihats.

The white noise affects those instruments:

• Snare
  • Clap
  • Maracas
  • Tambourine

Other ones are not affected.

Regards,
Y.

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 09:50:44 am »
thanks for the info I grec  :)
Sadly the replacement unit I got developed the same fault after a few months. :-\ I've reported this to Arturia, and I'm currently waiting for a replacement unit from the Swedish distributor. I really love the sounds and workflow on my Drumbrute, so I do hope I will get a fully working unit soon! I has taken more than a month now... 

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 09:43:46 pm »
Just an update about my broken noise generator: I got a new machine from the distributor in the end. The two machines I got first, that were supposed to be repaired, were still broken. I have only tested the new machine in the shop. One thing I noticed about the Drumbrutes I tested, was that they all had a slightly different sound. That's typical of pure analog gear in my world  ;) Hopefully  this one will work for many years, cause it's a great drum machine indeed! :) 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:50:04 pm by jocksbeat »

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 10:51:03 pm »
Mine is now in for repair with Arturia's UK distributors service department as the noise level has slowly dropped in level over the last few months and the maracas are now almost silent and the snare sounds very dull.
11th Jan 2018
This has been repaired very quickly within four days and the noise component of the maracas, snare,clap and tambourine is now back and working properly.
There is now a distorted crackle when kick 2 level is turned with a long decay setting which I had never heard before the repair but I guess I can just leave it on one setting.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:36:33 am by vykaar »

mperkins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 09:20:33 pm »
I recently picked up one in a trade knowing that it had this issue. Is it possible to have the replacement sent to me, or do I need to send the unit to Europe to get repaired? Also, seeing as I'm the third owner, I don't have any of the original documentation, just the unit itself.

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 08:20:48 pm »
Just an update about my broken noise generator: I got a new machine from the distributor in the end. The two machines I got first, that were supposed to be repaired, were still broken. I have only tested the new machine in the shop. One thing I noticed about the Drumbrutes I tested, was that they all had a slightly different sound. That's typical of pure analog gear in my world  ;) Hopefully  this one will work for many years, cause it's a great drum machine indeed! :)
Well, less that a year later the same faulty noise generator appeared on my third Drumbrute...  :o I dropped an e-mail to my music shop today, claiming an replacement unit from Arturia. This reoccurring fault most be classified as a factory design error, or faulty parts. That justifies a longer warranty period in accordance with EU warranty rules.   

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines