March 29, 2024, 05:24:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab mkII Reason Codec  (Read 4727 times)

dmn303

Minilab mkII Reason Codec
« on: April 28, 2017, 11:43:17 pm »
It's been a big day for Reason users now when 9.5 with vst support came out but hey, what about minilab mk2 codec ? i'd like to use it freely in Reason!
so please Arturia Team.. ;D

Faastwalker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minilab mkII Reason Codec
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 02:41:02 am »
It's been a big day for Reason users now when 9.5 with vst support came out but hey, what about minilab mk2 codec ? i'd like to use it freely in Reason!
so please Arturia Team.. ;D

This would be good ;) I'm using mine (got it yesterday) with Reason 9.5. It's working okay, although I'm not happy with the knob set-up. I can't seem to set-up for 'fast' control of parameters. I've set knobs to fastest setting in the global device settings of the MIDI Control Center. It's just not fast enough!! Anyway, a Remote Codec for this would make it infinitely more usable in Reason.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:47:28 am by Faastwalker »

Faastwalker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 05:30:23 am »
..... another thing I noticed is that you do an auto-detect in Reason in detects as the original Minilab & it doesn't work well at all this way. Better to manually add it yourself.

Eyetoof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:18:09 pm »
Did anyone ever find out about this?  I just got the MK2 and would really like to have the Reason support!

kaboom

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 02:33:03 pm »
Is there any way to use the file created for the original Minilab or is the hardware mapping different? (original file sourced from here: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=14854.0)

I tried adding it, but it gave me a message saying it was for the wrong device. Can I just edit the header in the file to this: "device": "MiniLab mkII", and save it as a *.minilabmk2 file?

ndebras

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 11:11:51 pm »
I did this and it seems to do the trick... almost.
I'm working with Reason 10 and all new virtual devices are partially mapped.

Has anybody an uptodate version of the mapping file ?

Barriott

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 10:18:53 am »
Hi,
so i'm a struggling newbie when it comes to codecs and what not.
I've been toiling away for the past week to get my minilabmk 2 to work in the way i intend.  The keyboard, pitch bend and expression strips are working fine.
Id really like the first knob to control volume and the shift version to control the patch.  knob 9 click to toggle sustain on and off.  The rest of the knobs to be completely blank so i can remote assign.  At the moment the knobs are bound to specific parameters within different instances. 
Hopefully i'm being dumb.  The codec auto connects the knobs to the parameters.  Ive tried deleting the information but i cant get it to work.
Please help

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines