March 28, 2024, 09:17:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why this difference between VST2 and VST3 versions?  (Read 4585 times)

LBH

Why this difference between VST2 and VST3 versions?
« on: April 28, 2017, 12:57:23 am »
When i use VST2 versions of Arturias plug-ins in Studio One 3 i get the option to set the output MIDI channel. That also make it possible to send on multiple MIDI channels to the same instrument, when it's assigned to multiple tracks. That's needed for those instruments that  should accept multiple MIDI input like B3 V.
Why don't the VST3 versions give the same option and possibilities? It should be a more advanced plug-in.
I would really like an answer to this.

EDIT:
A strange thing is this statement from Steinberg https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/vst3.html :
"Multiple MIDI inputs/outputs
Unlike with VST 2.x,, a VST3 plug-in can have more than only one MIDI input or one MIDI output at the same time."

According to this it should be the VST3 versions that had this possibility.
EDIT END

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:01:46 am by LBH »

LBH

Re: Why this difference between VST2 and VST3 versions?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 02:02:18 pm »
Is this issue a plug-in issue or a DAW issue?
Anyone who can set MIDI output channel for any VST3 plug-ins in a DAW track?

LBH

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:57:22 pm »
I attach 2 images to illustrate. Login to watch.

I don't have both the VST2 and VST3 version availble in Studio One at the same time because they unfortunately must use identical IDs somehow. That's why the VST2 version is the V-Collection 4 CS-80 V2 version. But it's the same with the new CS-80 V3 VST2 version.
The VST2 versions give the MIDI channnel out options in Studio One while the VST3 versions don't, even if it with VST3 versions should have even better possibilities.

Notice the dropdown menu for the VST2 version to select MIDI out channel. It's missing for the VST3 version. The arrows show.

Why this difference? Is it a DAW or a VST issue?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 08:59:32 pm by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 04:44:44 am »
I have got an answer in Studio One forum.

It look like it's a plug-in issue as it look like Studio One do support  feature for both VST2 and VST3 plug-ins.

So Arturia please fix this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines