March 28, 2024, 02:58:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is the Expansion Pack of the older included in the new version of Matrix-12?  (Read 3980 times)

1Composer

• Apprentice
I tried installing the Expansion Pack that I noticed in the long list of programs to install from the Arturia site in the new Matrix-12 V v.2 and it would not.  'Said I had to install the older version of the Matrix-12.  I'm new to Arturia having just purchased the latest Collection V v.6.

Does anybody know if that expansion pack in now included?

LBH

You can find sounds in the Analog Lab store either directly thru the Analog Lab application or here: https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/sounds

All the sounds there is for the applications from V-Collection 5 and forward. Some of the sound exspansions are free. You can also find Ambient Soundscape here for free. You don't have to have the sounds for old applications installed, to install this exspension.

1Composer

• Apprentice
Thanks for letting me know about the store and other free sounds, but your response did not answer my question, did it? 

Since the old expansion pack does not install in the new v.6, I'm wondering if those sounds have been discontinued (without installing the older version of Matrix-12) or are included in the bundled presets for the new v.6. 

LBH

Thanks for letting me know about the store and other free sounds, but your response did not answer my question, did it? 

Since the old expansion pack does not install in the new v.6, I'm wondering if those sounds have been discontinued (without installing the older version of Matrix-12) or are included in the bundled presets for the new v.6.
Well yes it did.
You can also find Ambient Soundscape here for free. You don't have to have the sounds for old applications installed, to install this exspension.
Is'nt this the soundpack you are talking about, when you say "old exspansion"?
If not, then you have to be more specific and prescise, when you ask a question.

1Composer

• Apprentice
You may be correct, I suppose.  Yes, I was referring to the Ambient Soundscapes at this link, and listed under the Matrix-12 "Expansions".  https://www.arturia.com/products/v-collection/resources

When I click on the information about that expansion, it reads that there are 50 presets in it.

I did in fact download that file and attempt to install it and the software stated I needed the older version of the Matrix-12 installed to install the file.

On the store link you provided, there are 2 different "ambient" collections available, one is free having 16 presets (Dark), the other is 36 presets for $4.99 (Deep).  Money is not an issue, I'm just trying to clarify if the 50 presets in the expansion pack are on this store for free (which collection is it called?), or were they included in the latest version of Matrix 12 V v.6.

I will try again right now to install the download file expansion, and will come back and report exactly what the software says. 

You're claiming that it should install, and my one attempt said it would not.  I'll try again.

1Composer

• Apprentice
The Insert Image is not working.  I uploaded the screenshot to Google Photos and then pasted the link inside the tags of Insert Image, but nothing got displayed.

I created a screenshot showing the message the Expansion Pack gave me when I just now attempted to install it.  I had my Arturia Software Center open and running, and then went to my Windows Explorer and found the file I had downloaded "Matrix-12_V_Expansion_Pack_Ambient_Soundscapes.exe" and double-clicked it and gave it permission to install and make changes to my system.

A message with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark in it came up reading

"SETUP

Matrix-12 V not installed:

Please install Matrix-12 V before then run this installer."

So I interpreted that to mean the installer won't work with the newer Matrix-12 V v.2

The screenshot shows the ASC running and which version of Matrix-12 I have installed (2.3.2.1869) with the Setup Message on top of it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:39:35 am by 1Composer »

LBH

The following soundpack contains 50 presets for free from here: https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/sounds

Ambient Soundscapes
Create your own worlds
A host of enigmatic, drifting virtual landscapes created using ...

It's the same soundpack, you have tried to download and install. But the page you provide a link for contains the preset pack for the old Matrix Version. The link i provide contain the soundpack updated for the new Matrix version, and it should work, if you download from here. Also you perhaps can install directly thru your Analog Lab 3 application.

I can add that i think some of the 50 presets (from one of the 3 designers) are allready among the factory presets now, but not all, at least not what i know off. But you can find out yourself, just by installing the soundpack, just like you wanted to do in the first place.

1Composer

• Apprentice
Thanks for laboring with me and explaining more thoroughly for me.

'Got it!    :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines