April 25, 2024, 03:24:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Setup for Keystep  (Read 3016 times)

RandallM

MIDI Setup for Keystep
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:30:01 am »
I've been trying to set up my new keystep to use the arpeggiator through the Novation Circuit as well as within FL 12 (separately of course, I know the config will be different for each scope of usage). I've tried what seems like endless combos of dipswitch settings and midi configurations all to no avail. :/

Has anyone been successful with either of these particular scenarios or happen to have some insight on what I need to do to make this function properly?

-Vee

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: MIDI Setup for Keystep
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:51:47 pm »
Hmm, just got a Circuit a couple of days ago and haven't placed it in the MIDI network.  Generally you set the slave device to the same MIDI channel as the master and go for gold.

Okay just scoured the Circuit literature and we have bought a MIDI instrument with locked MIDI channels, again for me and I'm getting sick of it. :(

The MIDI parameter chart for the Circuit says Synths 1 and 2 run on MIDI channels 1 and 2 respectively, with the drums running on MIDI channel 10.  You need to turn on MIDI TX and RX at start-up, by pressing and holding Shift while switching on the Circuit on.  The two green pads on the bottom left are the RX and TX activation buttons, with "On" being the factory default mode.  On the right are the clock options, with the first being for external or internal clock source and the second (far right) being clock send (on/off).

Yay ::), so again I need to put an instrument on it's own input/output port on my MIDI patchbay.  Why do these well established and renown companies do such dumb things with regards to MIDI?  If Arturia can make a cheap MIDI product with front-face MIDI channel selection functionality, why can't Akai or Korg or Novation do it too?!  Arturia, you rule on that side of things.  BUT, take a page from Novation and please make all the front-face functions addressable via MIDI, pretty please with sugar on top?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines