April 24, 2024, 02:34:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ground loop adapter results  (Read 5389 times)

Digital Larry

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ground loop adapter results
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:13:28 pm »
Been using my BS Pro with some Euro rack modular.  Hellacious whine through my PC's audio interface even with only the USB connection.  So there wasn't really any "loop" to speak of.  BS Pro only had USB power in from PC.  Looked at FAQ, how to eliminate ground loop, and remembered that funny little cable that came in the box.  Hooked it up and WOW.  Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Anyway it works to improve conducted noise into the PC audio interface, even if there is no ground loop.

;D

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Ground loop adapter results
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 12:02:06 pm »
I recently swapped to using a multi-point powerboard with USB power also and noticed a faint hum from one of my synths.  Knowing the sound was an earthing issue I started unplugging devices to find the source and it originated from the BSP, becoming louder when the purple lights of drum sequencer were illuminated.  I've not tried the ground-loop eliminator yet, but I went back to using a USB power adaptor and removed the hum like that.
I remember years ago someone mentioning on another forum that different coloured LEDs on one of their instruments would induce hums, with certain colours producing worse noise than others.  It was explained to me recently that LEDs produce oscillations that will interfere with audio equipment (why the ColorGameBoy had shocking sound compared to the old grey brick GameBoy originals due to the ColorGB's LED backlight).  Now we all love coloured flashing lights on our electronics, but I'd happily go without if I could get cleaner sound (and why I used Nanoloop on a GB original).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

qatarsis

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:32:41 am »
i have just ordered a USB Splitter cable and that doesn't work for me (wasted money :/). Can somebody please post a link from a fitting/right device i need to get rid of the groundloop ?

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 11:56:44 am »
Hi qatarsis,
Did you order it from Arturia? Do you have a link of what you ordered?

Here is a link of what would be needed:
https://www.arturia.com/store/accessories/beatstepproreplacementcablekit

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines