March 28, 2024, 12:38:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cloud Sync  (Read 2450 times)

jblongz

• Multi-Engineer
    • JBlongz YouTube
Cloud Sync
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:55:08 pm »
Has Arturia entertained the idea of popular cloud API for syncing presets between machines?  XLN Audio currently does this very well using Amazon cloud.  My presets are synced without effort when I buy a new computer and sharing presets are relatively easy.

I don't Arturia to incur cloud storage costs, but entertain ideas like iCloud, Onedrive, Dropbox, etc.  It can be extremely useful because managing the entire V5 Collection of presets and custom banks is a messy process.
MacBook Pro M1 MacOS13 16GB | Asus ProArt i7 12700H 64GB
V9 Collection | Live 11 | Logic X | Maschine MK3 | Cubase 12 | Bitwig 5

LBH

Re: Cloud Sync
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 05:36:10 pm »
I prefere the developer time to be used to create good sounding, bug free and well working optimised applications with features for old, new and future music. The audio and the musical functionality is imho the most important.
If that's done, and if the cloud feature don't use ressources like RAM, CPU power and many developer ressources, - don't create any audio issues and can be switched off, then perhaps a Arturia cloud feature can be okay. But why, when there are other options to back-up presets?

I agree Arturia can improve things like the import and export preset function. But it's for example also allready possible to backup imported and own created presets, and then copy them to other computers very fast and easy without using export/ import of banks or presets. On windows copy the presets in the hidden folder ProgramData.
And it's also allready possible in other ways to use other personal cloud services and/ or disk back-up system like using the systems you mention to back up files. Is'nt it?  What can a Arturia Cloud system add to this?

jblongz

• Multi-Engineer
    • JBlongz YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 06:48:21 pm »
It can add exactly what I said it can...no effort beyond installation, and the ease of sharing presets remotely with others without digging in to files. :)

I'm actually looking for a response from Arturia on whether they have entertained the thought

The V5 Collection is pretty solid (at least on the Mac OS Sierra).  I have not experienced any crashes or malfunctions.  There were huge improvements since the V4 collection. Arturia is a large selection of plugins now and it helps to think about (I didn't say act on) these small improvements before moving forward on the standard platform by which their plugins are built on.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:41:37 pm »
It can add exactly what I said it can...no effort beyond installation, and the ease of sharing presets remotely with others without digging in to files. :)
How is it easier than the things i wrote that's allready possible?
The only difference is if you use a Arturia system or systems athat are llready availble to back-up files  - like the preset files in WIndows ProgramData as i wrote. Is'nt the result the same? No more effort is needed as i see it. Something i have missed?

Can't tell if Arturia will reveal anything about having any thoughts or not about this. The Arturia preset system is all new.

Happy easter

jblongz

• Multi-Engineer
    • JBlongz YouTube
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 07:46:38 pm »
What I mentioned is easier because I don't have to do any of the things you mentioned with XLN Audio software. I'll let Arturia speak (or not) on their own bebalf.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines