March 28, 2024, 08:23:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to Copy State in Dual Mode?  (Read 3216 times)

gabrielrf1

• Apprentice
How to Copy State in Dual Mode?
« on: July 07, 2020, 08:29:18 pm »
Working in dual mode is a little tedious to me, what with switching between panels constantly. The most annoying thing to me is that when I make a patch and decide I want a sub voice or something from dual mode, in order to get it you have to go back and forth to copy the same cutoff/envelope settings. Is there a way to copy the state of panel 1 to panel 2 to save some busy work?

LBH

Re: How to Copy State in Dual Mode?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 09:36:45 pm »
I think the easiest way is to save the first sound as a WHOLE preset, so it's availble to be selected for a SPLIT/ DUAL thru the LOW and UP buttons in the display. In WHOLE it's the upper sound you hear.

I agree that a more simple copy of the settings to the two parts/ layers is a good idea.

gabrielrf1

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 07:24:42 pm »
Thanks for the response! So from what I understand there is no way to make the LOW also start off the same way as the UP?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 08:29:53 pm »
Thanks for the response! So from what I understand there is no way to make the LOW also start off the same way as the UP?
That depends what you mean by start up. What do you mean?
Did you try this:
I think the easiest way is to save the first sound as a WHOLE preset, so it's availble to be selected for a SPLIT/ DUAL thru the LOW and UP buttons in the display.
If you don't know about this "settings import" feature, then try this:
1. Open the default preset.
2. Change it to a Dual or Split preset.
3. Click the Up button in the display where the preset name is. Then a menu appear from where you can select settings from other presets.
4. Like 3 but click the Low button ......
Now you have loaded a setting for both the Upper and the lower part. If you load the same settings for both, then both have the same settings.

You can do this in any preset.

Is'nt this a user selectabel start up setting for the Lower part? You can choose any setting you have in any saved preset. That's why i suggest to save a WHOLE preset first in my first reply.

I attach a screenshot showing the buttons to use.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines