April 26, 2024, 01:43:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issue with arpeggiator within a DAW ...  (Read 4322 times)

BobTheDog

Re: Issue with arpeggiator within a DAW ...
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 08:18:42 am »
In image one I show how I uses Live with external synths (as I described above), the Mb has "Local Control" set to ON and "Arp Sends Notes" to ON. So this would be for when you want to record the arp notes. It is important that when you play this arp sequence back to the MB that you turn the arp off on the MB.

If you don't want to record the ARP notes but just want to record what you are playing to send back to the original arp patch then turn "Arp Sends Notes" off, now it will record the actual notes you play on the MB keyboard.

I also tried using an "External Instrument" in Live with local off and the arp sending data and you are right it doesn't work, you need to have "Arp Sends Notes" set off to use the external instrument so you cannot record the arp notes. In image 2 I show the midi messages when I hold C3/A2/F2. The original notes held get sent back to the MB, this sent arp notes which also get sent back to the MB and it all gets confusing. Thinking about this it makes sense when you think about what should happen when an external midi controller is being used with the MB.

So if you want to record the arp notes the best bet is the way I show in image one.

eroxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 04:42:04 pm »
Thanks so much for your thorough reply ... Not understanding the situation where you CAN record arp notes, however ... If you shut the arp off in MB, how  can the arp get recorded? I'm obviously missing something here :)

BobTheDog

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 09:03:06 pm »
Hi again,

Is it that my option 1 does't work for you?

Also maybe you could explain exactly what you want to do, so you want to record the arp individual notes (maybe to play another synth, or maybe to edit them) or do you just want to record the midi that will play back to the MB the same sounds on an arpeggiated/sequenced track?

eroxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 10:30:30 pm »
Let's say for example I'm recording a two bar clip.

I want to be able to record an arpeggio for two bars so that each individual note of the arpeggio appears in Ableton Live, and then I can edit them (if desired) to go back into the matrix brute.

BobTheDog

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 06:27:31 pm »
If you set ip up like the first image in the post above it will work fine.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines