April 25, 2024, 02:02:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Newbie questions, help appreciated!  (Read 1674 times)

gbravetti

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Newbie questions, help appreciated!
« on: April 13, 2017, 05:10:31 am »
Hi guys,

I just bought a BeatStep Pro and I feel it very intuitive and inspiring, anyway there are some things I can't achieve so here I'm asking for your help.

1) Timing hiccup when loading or reloading projects.

When loading a new project or reloading the current one to revert unsaved changes (which I presume ppl should do a lot),  is like the time gets a little acceleration and the first beat of the project plays a bit in advanced, the whole thing is perceived here as a hiccup on the global tempo. This happens either using internal sync or USB sync, didn't tried MIDI because I'm traveling, I'll do asap.

Is this a bug? How you deal with this?

2) Swing, Randomness, and Probability knobs  seems to work only if no other knob is used.

Turning any knob seems to block Swing, Randomness, and Probability from changing its values, so the only way to change Swing, Randomness, and Probability values is to avoid driving  any other knob at the same time.

It's only me?

3) Remote change project and patterns.

So far I wasn't unable to change projects patterns remotely by sending program changes to the desired track (or project) midi channel.
It takes 2 lines of code on an Arduino so I want to believe that it is me the one who is doing something wrong.

4) Muting single drum voices.

Is that possible?
  Got this one, anyway there should be a single handed mode.

Thanks in advanced for you help!
Gustavo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:27:05 pm by gbravetti »

gbravetti

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Newbie questions, help appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:10:31 pm »
Ok,

The #1, the tempo jitter is a known issue, it will be solved on an upcoming update to be released somewhere in May.

The #2, you can just drive one knob at the same time, is also standard. No info about any update on this.

The #3, can't remote change patterns is also confirmed, no comments neither.

I hope the update on May will fix other weird behaviors I'm discovering this days.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines