April 26, 2024, 05:51:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP sending pitch +3 oct? [solved?]  (Read 1520 times)

biggator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BSP sending pitch +3 oct? [solved?]
« on: April 12, 2017, 05:45:17 am »
So I'm seeing something weird.. hopefully it's just an odd setting.

I can reproduce this issue easily.

I go into a particular module  (ornament & crime)  that has a 'tuning' mode which outputs a C3 .. and I set 3 oscillators to C3 (validated on a digital tuner)
If I use that same module to send notes.. a C3 to the oscillators is a C3 at the output.
If I use BSP to send a C3.. the O_c sees it as a C6.  Everything the BSP is sending shows up as +3 octaves.

Any idea what's going on?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:41:50 pm by biggator »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP sending pitch +3 oct?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 07:14:15 am »
Have you got transpose latch on?
When you press and hold the sequencer select button, what is displayed on the pads?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 09:38:27 am »
Hey,

You might want to have a try and change the 0V MIDI note in the MIDI control center, it's in "Device settings"

Normally it is set to C-2 for both Sequencers, set it to C0 or C1 and it should transpose everything down. Plus it will be saved in your Beatstep Pro for future usage :)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:41:15 am by Vic-tor »

biggator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 03:47:11 pm »
So after some more playing - I think it's an odd combination of the BSP and the O_c.    Oddly, the O_c sees a C3 from the BSP in the Analog Shift Register mode, but not in the chord mode.   I'm pretty sure that sending a C3 from another sequencer (TipTop Z8000) seems to show up as a C3 in both modes (will retest to make sure).

Something's funky here.

biggator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP sending pitch +3 oct? [solved?]
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 08:43:54 pm »
Well, I can't explain the 'why'.. but it's fixed.

First - to eliminate the O_c, I went straight to the oscillators from the BSP.. all were consistently sending +3oct.

I went into the software and tweaked the transposition setting for what BSP should send at 0v.  It was already set to C3..  changing it to something else, then back to C3 fixed the issue.  It's now sending the correct voltage for C3.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines