March 28, 2024, 01:49:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why doesn't 'rest' do what it's supposed to?  (Read 3890 times)

Jack Pimiento

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Why doesn't 'rest' do what it's supposed to?
« on: April 09, 2017, 10:17:47 am »
Hi,

I've just bought a micro brute. I'm trying to programme sequences on the actual unit but no matter how many times I press rest, no rests or ever entered into my sequence.  The sequence just plays the entered notes sequentially rather than inserting a rest between the notes. I'm not connected to midi or gate.  Just using the unit stands alone.

Any ideas?

enossified

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Why doesn't 'rest' do what it's supposed to?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 04:22:22 am »
Do you have the Connection software installed on your computer?  If so, you are able to save all the sequences out of the micro and open them up (they are text files). A rest will appear in the file as an x, notes appear as numbers.

Jack Pimiento

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 03:24:03 pm »
Hi,

Yes, I have the connection software connected. Yes I can see x marks the rests and that's fine. 

However when I enter the notes manually and insert rests no rests are ever present.

Short video below.

https://youtu.be/sXUorWTH4Mo

In the video you clearly see I'm pressing rest but then the sequence just plays sequentially with no rests.

Any ideas?

StutzJr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:29:41 am »
If you enter a sequence manually and then view that saved sequence file in the connection software, do the rests show up as x's at all then?
I'm wondering if your rest button is just making bad contact and not registering?
If you enter a sequence of JUST rests and toggle the button a bunch of times I wonder if you might see some intermittent entries?

Jack Pimiento

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 11:35:54 am »
I'll give that a go. 

I've been wondering the same thing as to whether the rest button isn't making a good contact.

It's just annoying as I really like the tone of the microbrute but the sequencer seems to be a bit half arsed.

PacoPacorius

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 12:39:29 am »
I may be late to this but I am leaving this here in case anybody has a similar problem. I had the same issue, the sequencer on my microbrute would keep playing the previous note instead of a rest as it should, despite the sequence text files showing that there should be a rest there. I messed around in the midi control center and found out that changing my gate setting fixed the problem for me. After that the rests worked as intended in all three gate settings, so I guess it's just some minor bug they overlooked.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines