March 28, 2024, 04:05:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: midi control center  (Read 10967 times)

DJsportsball

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
midi control center
« on: April 08, 2017, 05:25:43 pm »
Arturia is great! but some of the midi issues are MADDENING! First of all, I can't figure out how to use the midi control center. I have read the manual. I can't figure out how to save settings. I don't know if I am misunderstanding the confusing manual or if I'm doing it right and it doesn't work. I have downloaded the latest upgrade. Second, I've had huge problems with jumpy knobs, like a lot of people on this forum. I think if I can figure out how to use the midi control center I can figure out how to set the knobs to "true" which may fix the jumpiness, but i can't even get the control center to do what it's supposed to IN ANY WAY. Greatly appreciate any words of wisdom to making this work!

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: midi control center
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 12:11:05 pm »
HI DJsportsball,
sorry for the delay.
let's take it step by step.
For Saving settings :
In left panel of your MCC, you have 3 areas : DEVICE / DEVICE MEMORIES /LOCAL TEMPLATES

imagine the case when you want to create a custom mapping for your minilab mkII, and you want to store it inside one minilab mkII memory , between slots 2 and 7.
If you look at the MCC on first opening with your minilab Mkii, you'll see that DEVICE MEMORIES "memory 2" and LOCAL TEMPLATES "Default" are highlited in blue.
Let's click on "new" at the bottom left of the screen -> in LOCAL TEMPLATES, you 'll see "NEW TEMPLATE" highlited, allowing you to rename it.

Once renaming is done , "NEW TEMPLATE" (with your new name) is highlited in blue . you can now create your custom mapping on right panel of the MCC controllermap, by clicking on any minilab mkII element, in order to change it's settings (i.e if you click on pad 1 , down screen you'll see PAD 1 settings)

Once you're mapping is done, how can we save it then?
at this time you see on the left panel that DEVICE MEMORIES "MEMORY 2" and LOCAL TEMPLATES "NEW TEMPLATE" are highlited in blue.
To save your mapping in your computer, click on "SAVE" down screen of LOCAL TEMPLATES area.

1/ if you want to store your custom mapping into minilab mkII memory 2, just click on DEVICE MEMORIES " STORE TO" Button. You can also do a mousedrag from "NEW TEMPLATE" to "MEMORY 2".

2/ want to store your custom mapping into another minilab mkII memory?  Select one memory in DEVICE MEMORIES area. Again click on "STORE TO" or do a mousedrag.

The main idea to keep in mind is that you have to have one memory highlited in "DEVICE MEMORIES" and one template highlited in "LOCAL TEMPLATES"

In the contrary, you can also recall the settings from one minilab mkII memory : select one memory in "DEVICE MEMORIES" and click on "RECALL FROM" -> it will create a new template with name and date inside "LOCAL TEMPLATES" area.

are you still encountering Jumpy knobs issue?
hope this explanation helped you a bit.

best,

DJsportsball

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 03:19:39 pm »
Thanks for the reply- I'm starting to get some progress in being able to use the MIDI control center. Right now, I'm able to create the settings I want and load them into the device memory. However, I have to do this every time I open any music project. Is there a way to set my template as the default settings that comes up when any new ableton project is opened?

sparkletree

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:42:09 am »
Is there an answer to this available anywhere? I find it hard to believe too that my custom settings are unable to load as default settings. How do you set them as such? Thanks,

johndtomlinson

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 02:01:49 am »
Same question here - how to make the keylab power up with the custon settings? Help?

sparkletree

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 09:04:42 pm »
Mods, can you just give us a straight answer on this? This question gets avoided over and over again by you guys. If it's not possible to just have custom templates load on startup, can you just tell us so that we stop trying different ways to make it happen and wasting our time? Thank you

rnb0

• Apprentice
Power up keylab with a custom template
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 01:00:16 am »
There was another post but it went unanswered so I was prompted to start a new one.  I know how to edit, save and drop a template into working memory.   I'd rather not have to do this last step EVERY TIME I power up the keylab.   This would seem like a logical thing to be able to do.  So tell me how I can do it.  Thanks. 

LBH

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 06:45:34 pm »
Hi all,

Please keep in mind, that this is'nt official Arturia support. I suggest you contact Arturia support, if you still need answers.

Jadiker

• Apprentice
Re: Power up keylab with a custom template
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 03:44:38 am »
There was another post but it went unanswered so I was prompted to start a new one.  I know how to edit, save and drop a template into working memory.   I'd rather not have to do this last step EVERY TIME I power up the keylab.   This would seem like a logical thing to be able to do.  So tell me how I can do it.  Thanks.

You should not have to do this every single time. If you have the template in memory, then pressing SHIFT and the pad corresponding to that memory slot should recover the template. (You will have to do this key combo every time the Minilab mkii starts up though)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines