March 29, 2024, 07:34:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Weird pitch changes...  (Read 2487 times)

Aphemia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Weird pitch changes...
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »
Hi all

Since the recent firmware upgrade, I keep having odd pitch glitches.  I will be playing a patch and suddenly the pitch of all oscillators will shift by a few steps.  To be clear, there are no pitch mods, pitch coarse tuning etc. is unchanged.  It just happens randomly as far I can tell.

Moving to a new patch fixes it, and then moving back again to the patch where the problem surfaced puts it back to normal.

However, I accidentally saved one of the patches in it's 'shifted' state and I am not able to get it back onto the right pitch.

Is anyone else having problems like this?

Thanks
Rich

Aphemia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Weird pitch changes...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 08:28:48 pm »
Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I managed to resolve it by pushing the pitch wheel to full up and then back to centre.

Note, this continued to happen a few times after I 'fixed' it...so not sure what's happening.  The synth appears to be getting a message from the pitch wheel to shift everything by a random amount and then hold there....

??? ??? ???

Thierry -Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 09:20:11 am »
Hi Aphemia,

I don't think such a behaviour has been reported to us yet; we'll have to investigate. Could you please post the patch that seems to be stuck in the 'shifted' state ?

Thanks,

Thierry

Aphemia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:10:48 am »
Hi Aphemia,

I don't think such a behaviour has been reported to us yet; we'll have to investigate. Could you please post the patch that seems to be stuck in the 'shifted' state ?

Thanks,

Thierry

Unfortunately, I don't remember the patch - but if it happens again I will save and share!

Thanks Thierry

sylvain1975

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 05:16:01 pm »
Same thing here !
Since last firware when I power on the synth, the pitch is weird (like quarter tone:), tried with the pitch wheel, sometimes it works, sometimes not !!
(default preset and random presets)

sylvain1975

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 03:04:13 pm »
Here's attached an example.
This is when I turn on the synth..
After moving the coarse knob it seems to be ok.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 03:57:51 pm »
When you reboot your Matrix are you in Panel mode ?
If you're not in panel mode and if you load a preset the coarse knob might not be on the same position in the preset.
.......testing.......

Aphemia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 11:50:38 am »
Same thing here !
Since last firware when I power on the synth, the pitch is weird (like quarter tone:), tried with the pitch wheel, sometimes it works, sometimes not !!
(default preset and random presets)

I think this is something different to the issue I had.  I have not had a re-occurrence, but will post back if/when I do.

Thanks guys

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines