March 29, 2024, 10:17:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Button automation in V3 versions of V-Collection Synths  (Read 1756 times)

oortone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Button automation in V3 versions of V-Collection Synths
« on: April 07, 2017, 12:44:44 am »
In my experience a lot of button parameters in V-Collection synths like Minimoog V2 and Prophet V2 are not automatable in DAW:s like Logic. This also means these parameters will not be seen by hardware controllers like Avid Artist or Nektar Panorama which is a shame.

What about the V3 of these plugins? Has there been any changes in the DAW-availability for such parameters since version V2?

LBH

Re: Button automation in V3 versions of V-Collection Synths
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 05:45:54 pm »
If you mention some buttons by name, then perhaps it's easier to tell.

I use the VST 3 versions in V-Collection 5, but i believe this information is the same for VST 2.
I can tell that there are more parameter availble for automation in V-Collection 5. For MINI V  all the buttons on the main GUI for example is availble for automation.
But how the parameters at the moment are availble in your DAW and your controller i can't tell.
There are for example also reports in in the forum about some button parameters that is reversed.

Perhaps  you can try it out using trials.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:50:46 pm by LBH »

oortone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Button automation in V3 versions of V-Collection Synths
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:45:58 am »
If you mention some buttons by name, then perhaps it's easier to tell.

I use the VST 3 versions in V-Collection 5, but i believe this information is the same for VST 2.
I can tell that there are more parameter availble for automation in V-Collection 5. For MINI V  all the buttons on the main GUI for example is availble for automation.
But how the parameters at the moment are availble in your DAW and your controller i can't tell.
There are for example also reports in in the forum about some button parameters that is reversed.

Perhaps  you can try it out using trials.

Thanks for the info. The buttons on Mini V was actually one of those. Also the buttons for waveform and most other buttons in Prophet V. If they were unavailable in VST previously and now available I guess there's a good chance they are present in AU and Logic too. Pretty cheap to update so I'll think I'll do that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines