April 19, 2024, 05:21:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Extremely high CPU usage  (Read 2822 times)

DonJ

Extremely high CPU usage
« on: April 05, 2017, 04:40:08 pm »
Hi there fellow musicians
I am thinking about purchasing the Arturia V Collection. When I search the internet, I find a lot of posts regarding extremely high CPU usage, which means, if I can trust what I read, that the product is more or less useless. Does any of you have any experience? Is the problem solved?

LBH

Re: Extremely high CPU usage
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 06:34:33 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

How old are the reports you have read and what's they about?
How much is high CPU usage using what CPU and when playing what in what quality?

Compared to many other applications Arturias in generel are'nt especially CPU hungry even if some can use more CPU thatn others. You can find many applications that use just as much and even more CPU power than Arturias. There's a chance you allready have and use applications that use more CPU than Arturias.

matjones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Extremely high CPU usage
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:38:55 am »
The simplest thing to do would be to try the demo and see for yourself.

The posts you have read have most likely been down to people either running it on old machinery, machinery that's not been set up properly .
At the moment i am using 30 month old i7 with 32GB RAM and have no problems at all.....

There are many out there who are trying to run DAWs and plugins on massively under-specced or hardware that's just not suitable for DAW usage....

LBH makes some very good points too!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines