March 28, 2024, 12:29:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issue with erroneous parameter on patch loading.  (Read 1683 times)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Issue with erroneous parameter on patch loading.
« on: April 05, 2017, 02:52:48 pm »
I'm hitting a bug where a patch parameter is wrong on the first loading of the patch. What happens is that one of the Mod assignments get the wrong Mod Amount when the preset is first loaded. If I load that same preset a second time, the Mod Amount is correct.

What makes it all the stranger is that this only happens when I have first selected a particular patch - if selecting any other patches first the error does not occur. It goes like this:

- Select P10, a Duo Split mode patch with the mod assignment LFO 2 -> VCO 1 Pitch @ +1. Patch loading is fine.
 - Select P9 right after selecting P10. This is another Duo Split mode with the mod assignment LFO 2 -> VCO 1 Pitch @ +3. The mod amount that gets used is +12, even if the display says +3, if I touch the Mod amount knob, the correct amount of +3 takes effect.
 - Selecting P10 once more time loads the patch with the correct Mod Amount of +3.

Again I will not power cycle straight away to see if this corrects itself, but rather keep the synth going in the hope of finding out anything more about this. I will keep these patches as they are now (not resaving P10 "to correct it") in case the firmware developers want to test with them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:15:42 pm by DrJustice »

VAU

Re: Issue with erroneous parameter on patch loading.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:03:18 pm »
i had something like this before the update.

now no more issues...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:04:59 pm by VAU »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 03:06:30 pm »
I'm on the latest firmware 1.1.0.73. Come to think of it, we should always include the firmware version when reporting issues...

The bug is very specific, it only manifests after the first selection of P9 following selection of P10. The cause is probably in the patch data, having nothing to do with the locations as such (perhaps someone could confirm that).

Edit: I have now saved the two patches to two other locations, P6 and P5, and there's the exact same issue with these two copies, so the anomaly is caused by the patch data.

Edit 2: Video attached. Please excuse the bad video/audio quality - I go with ruggedized dumb-phones...  :P

Edit 3: Attempt to reupload a slightly better video gives an error saying it was to large at 1.04MB despite the posting editor saying 4MB is OK, also the posting editor becomes unable to save or preview after that error (something for the webmaster to fix...) .

Edit 4: Video removed now that the issue is verified.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:14:46 pm by DrJustice »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 05:28:32 pm »
The issue remains after power cycling, so this seems to be consistently repeatable.

Arturia: do you want the patches for diagnosing this issue?

Thierry -Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 09:29:00 am »
That would be great !

Thanks

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:48:42 am »
OK - I got one of the beta testers to confirm the issue, and he's submitted it and the patches.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 01:54:05 pm »
Hi guys,
I've been able to reproduce the bug here...
We will investigate on that.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Best
Ben
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines