April 23, 2024, 09:44:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MOD Track in Arp Sequence mode  (Read 2367 times)

Kearley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MOD Track in Arp Sequence mode
« on: April 04, 2017, 10:18:06 pm »
I seem unable to edit step values on the MOD track while in Arp/Seq mode.   I was able to do this while in plain Seq mode.

Anyone mind testing this?

I'm not in front of it right now, but I seem to remember the display showing a + and - symbol when I tried it.    but I couldn't hear any mod action.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: MOD Track in Arp Sequence mode
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:22:44 pm »
I powered up my MxB right now to test. BTW, the MOD track would not work the first time I tested the Matrix Arpeggiator a few days ago. And.... now it doesn't work for either the Sequencer or MxArp modes.

When holding a MOD track button and turning the Mod Amount knob, I get a display that stays at +/- 0, with the occasional excursion to a momentary +/- 1 if I turn the knob very fast. Same symptoms as when I first had trouble in the MxArp. Maybe a power cycling will clear it (I'll report back later).

Kearley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:28:32 pm »
I haven't tried this since updating the firmware.   Drag if it ALSO doesn't work in the Seq mode now.

It does look like your behavior is similar to mine tho.   I was really looking forward to this in the ArpSeq mode.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:32:53 am »
Some info for the firmware coders:

I "refused" to power cycle, thinking that I'd see if I could gather some more useful diagnostic data. As it happened, when I hit Record and entered a few notes the Mod Amount started responding. Then I loaded another preset, and it was stuck at +/- 0 again. I then hit Record and it worked once more. It now seems to work for both the Seq and MxArp modes even when loading further presets. BTW, I got the corrupted MxArp pattern again during this testing.

BobTheDog

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 01:07:37 am »
dJ, when you say corrupted, is it something like this?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 01:18:55 am »
Yes, and it only happens some times. Maybe on roughly 1 in 7 Sequencer to MxArp transitions.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 02:24:46 pm »
Powered up the MxB for today, and the Mod Amount bug as describe above struck again. And again pressing Record made it work and selecting a new preset brought the bug back. On the third loading of a preset and pressing Record it remains working.

Question for Arturia: are you going over the forums with a fine comb to collect bug reports for you internal tracking system, or should we make a thread for it, or should we submit support tickets?

BobTheDog

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 03:06:58 pm »
Have you found a way to replicate the mod lane bug?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:24:53 pm »
It has happened on the last two power-ups, and has been "fixed" by two or three patch reloads and pressing the Record button. So it has been repeatable for those two runs. I will continue to observe and report any further findings (will do some power cycles and test, but I'm currently investigating another issue and want to keep this run going for a while).

BobTheDog

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 04:27:04 pm »
When you get it can you try this:.

Make sure sequencer is stopped or Arp is not playing.

Press the record button so it lights up.

Hold a mod step and twiddle the knob.

Does this clear the problem?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 05:06:59 pm »
OK tried that with a new power cycling.

"Make sure sequencer is stopped or Arp is not playing." Check
"Press the record button so it lights up." Check
"Hold a mod step and twiddle the knob." Check

"Does this clear the problem?"
Yes, for as long as Record mode was on. When not in record mode it locks up at +/ 0. Well, that is for the 10 first preset loads or so... eventually it became unstuck and works without engaging Record mode.

Edit: Aaaaand... just as I went back to the synth and did some Record/Play cycles, the Mod Amount locked up again, without a power cycle. Then after a single press of Record it unlocked once more.

Edit 2: Another unrelated thing which makes itself very evident during this testing: when pressing a Mod track button and tweaking Mod Amount in play mode, the Mod step on/off state remains on, and it will even be switched immediately on if held when in the off state and the tweaking the Mod Amount. When in Record mode, the state will always toggle when you tweak Mod Amount while holding the button. The latter seems like a bug, or at least a very annoying "feature". I'd wish the mod track buttons remain in the on state when the Mod Amount is tweaked in all cases. I'll add this to my wishlist thread.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:20:53 pm by DrJustice »

BobTheDog

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 05:11:57 pm »
Yeah it doesn't always clear the problem here either, sometimes!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines