April 20, 2024, 12:18:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi in  (Read 2660 times)

logaritmoak

Midi in
« on: April 04, 2017, 03:19:22 pm »
My problem is very simple. I find the pads useful for certain things but when it comes to lay down an extended melody 1 octave is not enough and I like to be hands on 49 keys keyboard.
I connected my midi keyboard to midi in and choose channel 2 on both units. But it just doesn't receive any signal and I don't understand what I need to do.
It works the other way around, by sending midi notes from bsp to the keyboard (roland gaia)! so the cable is good!
Maybe BSP doesn't receive notes from external midi keyboards.
]
Please help

joeboda

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi in
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 07:41:51 pm »
I just asked the exact same question! This should be in the FAQ (if it is already, I didn't see it).

luchod1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 03:17:15 pm »
Hi, I use a Keystation 88sx as midi keyboard into BSP MIDI In and it works, both for playback and record

Keystation MIDI OUT: Local OFF, MIDI CH 1
BSP: CH 1 on any SEQ
BSP MIDI OUT to Roland Boutique MIDI IN: CH 1

OrbitalChiller

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 09:40:35 am »
Hello, i am desperate to find an answer to this, i have searched the internets, tweaked and tried so many settings in the MCC (which is not a very well crafted software, sorry, Arturia); Read the manual thoroughly (which isn't very helpful, sorry Arturia, you made a manual for  people who already have a Phd in MIDI). Here is my issue with MIDI-IN: I use a M-Audio Keystation 61 in MIDI IN. It communicate well with BSP, when everything is set up to communicate with sequencer 1,2 and 3. My concerns is that i cannot performs chords with my midi keyboard while the BSP pads can still play chords when a poly-synth is selected. This makes me crazy since the keystation is my best keyboard for actual playing over the sequences. I still can input notes in the sequencer, using desired channel and sequencer track but i want to be able to play chords over my sequence while passing through the BSP... WTF?!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines