March 29, 2024, 08:33:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: review of 5 mini vst's ...arturia mini doesn't do very well  (Read 5203 times)

khidr

• Music is everything
review of 5 mini vst's ...arturia mini doesn't do very well
« on: April 03, 2017, 11:40:03 am »
virtual mini shootout:

https://youtu.be/S1h07ws--CM
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

corum_beasley

Re: review of 5 mini vst's ...arturia mini doesn't do very well
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:01:39 pm »
HI i watched the video and for the most part there wasn't much in it for me and his comments about the differences between them when using different speakers / headphones was telling. As was the variations revisions that each was modelled.

For me a lot of these differences can be tweaked out with knob adjustments etc. His ranking system was personal, though he made pains to be objective and he does own a model D and i guess he should know what it can sound like, i know for sure i will never own a  model D or any of the Arturia V series classics but i can own the virtual versions and get an awful lot of pleasure from using them.

What do you think? I'm not sure from the headline what you think about the differences, can you live with them?

Anyway cheers for the video link and the guy for sure put a lot of effort into it.

waltercruz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 04:30:43 pm »
Hum... With exception of the filter that was rewrite for V3, most of Arturia Mini code is more than 10 years old. Emulations and math evolved since then, and to me, it's natural that other emulations are more precise. But, most of time, Mini-V is a 'good enough' emulation to my needs, and it uses less CPU whan Monark. Sometimes, I record sounds with Monark and when playing live with band, I replicate these with Mini-V, cause it uses less CPU. So, I think that every emulation has his place.

functionform

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 12:39:18 am »
Came here to discuss the same youtube.  I'm happy I purchased V 6, but I have to admit I'm shocked at how much more full the Legend did.   Browsing the presets on the Legend demo, I have to admit it sounds like a real mini is lined in to my PC.  I hope they consider updating the Mini in the next go around of updates.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines