April 19, 2024, 03:14:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pressing tap tempo in sequencer erases data  (Read 1713 times)

twylla23

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Pressing tap tempo in sequencer erases data
« on: April 03, 2017, 12:55:13 am »
Pressing tap tempo when the sequencer is running erases sequence data!
What's up with that?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Pressing tap tempo in sequencer erases data
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 02:19:17 am »
I just switched on the MxB to test, and I could not get sequence data to be erased by using the tap tempo.

However, when I used used tap tempo the sequence end marker moved forward, the more I tapped, the further it moved until it had reached the last position. Reloading the preset and sequence and then tapping moved it straight to the last position. I had to power cycle the MxB to 'fix' this, and now it acts normally when tapping - i.e. this one is not easily repeatable (could be the sequence of actions on the first run that triggered the issue: basically selecting four or five presets and playing the sequencer while tapping the tempo, before I selected preset O5 (Rubycon) for which the tapping moved the end marker).

While talking about sequencer bugs/issues, I had the Matrix Arpeggiator corrupting the pattern several times. I think it happened when saving and/or switching sequencer modes. I've not been able to repeat that on later runs. (I was planning to report this one if/when I get a repeatable scenario)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:37:54 am by DrJustice »

BobTheDog

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:39:53 am »
The TAP button adds a rest in step recording mode, could that be the issue?

The matrix arpeggiator data will be written to the sequencer data when changing from Matrix Arp to Sequencer. This is based around whatever chord you were playing and the sequence is then played with middle C.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:14:46 pm »
In my case, the sequencer was playing, not in recording mode. The tempo changed as I tapped, and the sequence length got bumped. It also became like that for all sequences, until the power cycling. I've not managed to get the MxB into that state again.

The Matrix Arp pattern did get what seemed like corrupted, and trying it now  it does sometimes, but not always, change when going back and forth between sequencer an MxArp modes in ways which I don't understand. I can't establish a pattern (pardon the pun), and much less a consistent one, for what I'm seeing. I can't rule out a user error of course... Perhaps a concise guide to the subtle mysteries of the MxArp is in order  :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:17:47 pm by DrJustice »

BobTheDog

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:38:28 pm »
Ah ok, the matrix arp is getting corrupted sometimes when you move from sequencer to matrix arp, but it's ok the other way?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:38:26 pm »
I think it's only the MxArp pattern that gets corrupted, yes.

Thanks for confirming - my head was starting to spin as I attempted to make sense of what happened...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines