April 19, 2024, 09:57:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matrixbrute midi issue, with video to show problem..  (Read 3127 times)

r3x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Matrixbrute midi issue, with video to show problem..
« on: April 02, 2017, 03:49:09 pm »
https://vimeo.com/211179195

oops video still encoding, its going to be ready in about 15 minutes from this posts launch.. sorry.

Detailed in another thread, but i thought it best to create a new thread, showing the actual issue.

I have spend a few days trying to figure this out, and i come up blank - if i cant solve this, i have to return it.. and i really dont want to do that. :(

Hope someone can help me out here!

All i want to do, is what i can do with any other synth; be able to record and playback in sync, in the pitch i actually played at - none of this seems possible right now, im guessing its my settings, or some other small issue - or it could be a defunct unit...

BobTheDog

Re: Matrixbrute midi issue, with video to show problem..
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 06:02:31 pm »
Maybe if you had read and understood my other posts on this you would understand!

I give up now.

BobTheDog

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:07:14 pm »
Looks here: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90489.msg139898#msg139898

You are not doing step 6.

So you are playing the sequencer from live by the sequence data you recorded, this is obviously not want you want.

r3x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 06:14:36 pm »
Hey

I will try that, but does that explain why it records other (higher) notes than the ones i play, and does it explain why when i turn the gate knob, it pitches the whole thing up?

BobTheDog

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 06:49:53 pm »
if you have a sequence and you play the keyboard on the MB it transposes it.

If you have a sequence and you play it from Live it transposes it.

If you want to play the sequence from live just enter a long middle c the length of the clip, this would be the same as you holding down the middle C key.

Thats why in the other thread I posted about turning the output of the sequencer off: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90489.msg139902#msg139902

r3x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 07:08:23 pm »
 Gotcha - thank you.

Its weird to me why it happens though - I feel like it would be the most useful to be able to record all the notes, while being able to record what you play. That way you can get inspired, then on the DAW you can re-arrange notes after and maybe make it even better. Dont know, just seems.. weird to me the way this is working.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines