April 27, 2024, 02:19:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Lets try this question here then... HALP!  (Read 1222 times)

r3x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Lets try this question here then... HALP!
« on: April 02, 2017, 01:42:19 pm »
Hey

So, first of all - i love my matrixbrute, it is by far the best synth ive ever owned!

Now, some issues.

I have tried to read the documentation, ive seen the videos, but;

I can get the matrixbrute to sync with my ableton live daw - i can record, i can playback but.. sometimes it just goes nuts.

For example;

If i have the MB to local off, and i record an arp in it, then i do a record on ableton and push down a few keys, making the arp run - it will record this. No problem.

If i then do a record automate over it, and turns some knobs, it will also do what i ask it to - but... everytime the "loop" resets in ableton, the parameter is screwed up.

For instance if i record movement of master cutoff, it records fine, but when loop starts again, ableton tells the mastercut off to go to -99 - which makes it very hard to use..

Secondly - ive experienced a few times that ive made a loop in the arp, i play with it, it sounds good - i record it etc.

Then suddenly, i can press midi sync on the MB, and it will sync nicely. The next thing, it just stops playing - i have to then select another patch, and go back again before it plays again. If i disable midisync, it comes back.

Im using USB only and have set midi+usb in options.

Lastly, can anyone tell me, maybe through a screenshot what the correct things to enable in ableton are; so far i have both in and out on track, sync and remote. But something tells me this causes issues.

?

--- also, i find that sometimes if i try to edit a knob, it seems its not working; if i pull the USB plug, i can edit just fine. .so again im guessing this has something to do with midi setup.. but im lost!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines