March 28, 2024, 08:01:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using the MCC to store patches  (Read 2218 times)

VAU

Using the MCC to store patches
« on: March 30, 2017, 11:24:26 pm »
i got a second page of presets now. here are 3 questions reg the MCC as i am still afraid to SEND BACK patches to the MB

1. the first set of 256 "custom" patches was just a lot of trying out different things and i stored this first set by clicking "RECALL TO THE COMPUTER".
is this the correct way to store the complete set of all patches?

2. did you guys ever tried to send back a complete set of 256 patches? did it work out fine?
do i not have to "select all" or similar, but just click "SEND TO MATIXBRUTE" ?

3. is it possible to drag and drop single patches beween MB and computer?

thank you

SoundRider

Re: Using the MCC to store patches
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 01:53:59 am »
To ...

1. I think yes, this is one way we to do it
2. yes ... if the "project" is selected, the complete set is transmitted
3. yes ... we can do it in matrix-view and in bank-view

I think it works the following way. If the computer window shows the matrix ... then the entire matrix is transmitted to the MB and vice versa. If one side is in bank-view-mode the selected bank is transmitted. But I have used this only one time now. I miss a decent description or help file. There wasn't any after the installation, which explained patch transfere ... or did I miss something?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:02:13 am by SoundRider »

VAU

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 01:06:24 pm »
ok, thank you, will give it a try then...  weirdly C6 or similar felt safer to me, but that might go away if i succeed with sending back to MB.

did i already mention it would be so great to have multiple pages of banks on the MB itself. Voyager has, Xenophone has, the DSIs have...
no patch names i can live with, but this 256 patches limitation makes proper sorting in categories impossible.

SoundRider

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 01:24:37 pm »
It's definitely not the most advanced way to save or archive patches. I have thought about doing it similar as the factory patches have been organised. Column of bass, column of lead ... or having a "project of bass" sounds, "project of lead" sounds and get them into projects of picked patches for this or that situation. I think, patch-tags will only be available in MCC. But I haven't used the MCC very much, just to understand whether it works and how ...

Also the option to save out sequences independently from patches and play a patch with different sequences has also not found a place in my workflow yet.

At the moment I am happy enough to explore the MB, which I have since three weeks only, but I am continuosly taking notes in the back of my mind, how I could integrate it best to my workflow.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:29:23 pm by SoundRider »

VAU

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 01:40:24 pm »
what would also be helpful:

you open a project in the mmc. click on a patch, it gets sent to the MB (panel mode?) and you can listen to it

then you would need another second empty project in the MMC where you drop this patch (it would take TWO bank windows in the MMC)

by this you could sort everything in the MMC without having to send complete banks to the MB (and losing track;) )

but nothing could beat as much pages of patches as possible on the MB itself

i know for older Voyagers you could buy an upgrade for the 8 bank memory. i would happily pay this if this was the only way to expand the actual 256 patches

SoundRider

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 02:08:13 pm »
you open a project in the mmc. click on a patch, it gets sent to the MB (panel mode?) and you can listen to it
absolutely ... we have this on many synths ... it's not saved, but it's there to listen or to use it without having to save it. It would also be helpful, if we could send a patch the old sysex-way to this kind of "edit-slot" too. This has many benefits.

then you would need another second empty project in the MMC where you drop this patch (it would take TWO bank windows in the MMC)

This is definitely needed ... I think two MCC project windows would be the best. I have already tried to get patches from one MCC project to another, that's no fun job ... I used an empty bank of the MB as an intermediate storage. That's not efficient and only for the sake to do it anyway, because I had no better idea :(

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 05:53:42 pm »
i got a second page of presets now. here are 3 questions reg the MCC as i am still afraid to SEND BACK patches to the MB

3. is it possible to drag and drop single patches beween MB and computer?

This option seems to be quit new and is very useful. It allows you collect all of your best sounds into one single bank. In the beginning i was a bit reluctant to drag presets over from the live window to the stored windows and vice versa, but both dragging over and rearranging within one window work very well.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

VAU

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 05:56:58 pm »
thank you for encouraging me ;)  i will give it a try

ps your patches are great
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:01:46 am by VAU »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines