April 19, 2024, 02:16:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Changing MIDI Out Channel  (Read 1544 times)

nmihalevich

Changing MIDI Out Channel
« on: March 25, 2017, 03:44:57 am »
Okay, so I'm having some probs transmitting the keyboard specifically on ch 2.  I can set the KeyLab to transmit out 2 by hitting Edit/Global, scrolling to Part 1 Ch and changing that value to 2.  I tried changing Part 2 Ch to 2, but that doesn't do anything.  Going that route changes the entire MIDI controller to ch 2.  I'd love an easier way to change MIDI out channels.  I read a post that someone assigned each snapshot button to a Midi out channel.  That would be awesome if that worked.  It's easy to change each snap shot button in MCC.  However, only pressing the button transmits two messages on the new Midi out channel number.  None of the keyboard keys transmit on the new channel.  They are still assigned to ch 1.  It's almost like you need to be able to assign the key board channel two?   I've got a monitor in my environment within Logic Pro so I can see when I press the snapshot button (assigned to channel 2)  it transmits on ch 2 but when I hit a key its transmits on ch 1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've attached a short vid so you can see what happens within Logic.  I'm alternating between pressing snapshot 2 and hitting middle C on the keyboard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf2c38oaexup4kt/KeyLab%2025%20MIDI%20Transmit%20Problem.mov?dl=0

Thanks!
Nick

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines