March 28, 2024, 10:01:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ability to save the panel version of patches  (Read 3010 times)

droolmaster0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ability to save the panel version of patches
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:30:21 pm »
So, it seems that sometimes you can get some nice surprises by calling up a patch, and then going to panel mode. But there is no way of saving this patch, from what I can tell. If you save, but get out of panel mode, it goes back to the stored settings. But I'd love to be able to save from panel mode, and have the current knob settings override the stored knob settings.

Does that make any sense?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Ability to save the panel version of patches
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:49:08 pm »
The sound you have while in panel-mode can be saved - just press Save and the required preset location as usual.

Edit: Hmm, reading your posting again, I suspect I misunderstood your request(?)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:58:15 pm by DrJustice »

droolmaster0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 06:14:58 pm »
The sound you have while in panel-mode can be saved - just press Save and the required preset location as usual.

Edit: Hmm, reading your posting again, I suspect I misunderstood your request(?)

yeah - i know that you can save from there, but when you leave panel mode, the patch is what it was before. I want to have the actual knob settings overwrite the stored settings, if that makes sense.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 06:52:05 pm »
Ahh, right when you leave panel mode the patch that was there to begin with is recalled. So you'd like the newly stored patch that used the panel settings to become the current one when leaving panel mode. That would make sense - actually that would be "the right way" IMO, since that starting patch isn't really there anymore.

I wonder if the reason for the current implementation, where you have to reselect the newly stored patch again when exiting panel mode to hear it, is to have a way to recover from accidentally saving a patch when in panel mode. However that doesn't really make too much sense since there's no such recovery from saving a preset when not in panel mode (ref. compare function below)... Could be just a bugette?

Another thing I've thought about is having a way of keeping the mod matrix settings from an underlying preset when entering panel mode.

Oh, and when on this train of thought a "compare" function as found in most synths might also be useful.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:55:27 pm by DrJustice »

droolmaster0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 07:05:40 pm »
yeah - if most people are like me (a very dangerous assumption), they save a patch if they want to come back to the sound and the way its interacting. So, if you save it while in panel mode, THAT's the sound you want to save. Would many people save from there unintentionally?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 08:00:57 pm »
The more I think about it, it looks like it's just a slight edit buffer management issue, or something like that. Logically you should get the last sound you edited and saved since the old sound "should no longer exist", even when you leave panel mode after the save. Over to Arturia!

bbarker

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 04:28:35 pm »
I agree - I'd like it to work like this also!

tp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »
I support this request-- it's kind of crazy that you can't save a patch from panel mode.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 10:28:54 pm »
You can save from panel, that in itself works fine. The quirk is in that the previous patch gets loaded (via a buffer probably) after the save, and you have to re-select the patch location you just saved to in order to hear the new saved sound.

tp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 06:46:21 pm »
Aha-- thanks for the clarification.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines