March 28, 2024, 10:44:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Thank you Arturia, for the Matrixbrute !  (Read 4040 times)

VAU

Thank you Arturia, for the Matrixbrute !
« on: March 24, 2017, 03:14:12 pm »
i just want to say that i am so happy with the Matrixbrute, every day i discover new sounds
There are synths that are instruments you really can connect with and you know, they are keepers.
The Matrixbrute is one of those.

great job - thanks !

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Thank you Arturia, for the Matrixbrute !
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 03:41:21 pm »
Thank you VAU !!
BTW a new firmware is coming soon, i'm sure you'll like it !!
.......testing.......

VAU

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 03:45:59 pm »
great news ***

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 03:54:58 pm »
Thanks for the nice feedback!
To me being an "instrument" is probably the most rewarding qualifier a synth can get. It was clearly our main target when we specified and designed it.
So I really enjoy reading we achieved it
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 04:01:37 pm »
I second VAU's sentiment!

The MatrixBrute is a great instrument and very exciting even for seasoned synthesists. I'm happy that you guys are crazy enough to make such a bonkers synthesizer  ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:03:31 pm by DrJustice »

VAU

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 04:02:54 pm »
@ Bruno:

You really did!

The Matrixbrute has soul and vibe.
Very rare  nowadays to find instruments that you can literally feel how much love the makers put into a synth.
Usually you only know this from certain vintage instruments.

hats off !

SoundRider

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 08:36:54 am »
Thank you ... absolutely ... great synthesizer  8)

I have mine only for two weeks now and there was so much fun to explore, there were so many useful patches just by tweaking and trying this and that ... an outstanding and inspiring instrument to create sounds and to jam live.

The MatrixBrute has one of the most intuitive user interface designs and this makes even this complex synth easy to use :)

WRR

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 03:12:22 pm »
Wonderful piece of kit.  I went out to buy a replacement Mini Moog, and came home with a Matrixbrute instead. Its taken me over 60 years to discover that magic really does exist - its called the Matrixbrute.  Thanks Arturia, you have created a classic synth.

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 10:28:14 pm »
Big and Small!

In a way we are very lucky, because we're able to understand what potential of a synth like the matrixbrute has. You need to have a lot of knowledge about synth and synthesis to be able to see that potential.
Just this evening I had an elder woman that lives in my street come to visit. She was curious about my studio, so I showed her the  Matrixbrute and a very small synth. She was amazed! But what amazed her most what that the small synthesizer could make just as much sound/noise as the big matrixbrute. That was totally incomprehensible for her. A big synth should a big sound and small one a small sound! There must be millions of people out there with a similar level of (not)understanding about synths. I don't envy Arturia having to sell a complex machine like the Matrixbrute.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

BobTheDog

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 11:07:13 pm »
For me I am very impressed with the MB, the Arturia guys have done a fine job they should be applauded.

I'm a great fan of the Origin as well, a seriously underestimated synth.

With the MB I think they have learnt lessons from the Origin, it has been released in a very nearly finished state, a few tweaks and it's done. It is also perfectly placed for the current trends, VCO based, dual filters, cv connections and a sequencer. Add to that the knob per function and general design you gave a something that should sell well to not only people that know a bit about synths but also to beginners.

And it looks good ;)

So fingers crossed they sell loads of them, they deserve success.

SoundRider

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 09:07:06 am »
I don't envy Arturia having to sell a complex machine like the Matrixbrute.

I think, they did very well know, what they did, why they did it, and who could be the possible user. And I expect this instrument to become a success story.

I would even say that the MB is an instrument for every synthesizer beginner too ... why ...

- one knob - one function
- every functional section logically structured and a well designed overall layout, easy to navigate
- more then one synthesizing approach possible (subtractive, FM at audio range, waveshaping)
- great versatility from all of those modulation capabilites.

It's a complete and easy to understand instrument for sound-design and creative making of music, at least for people, who are seriously interested in synths and know, each instrument takes time to be learned and mastered.

By the way ... isn't it natural that only few people know about instruments, particularly, if they don't play an instrument at all ... and most don't? TBH ... who of us synth-heads knows about, what would be a particular feature of quality of a violine, a flute, a piano, or a guitar. If we ask the players, we will see, who is seriously in his instrument, will know ... at least, this is my experience ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:22:53 am by SoundRider »

minus_ego

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 10:44:52 pm »
I would like to thank Arturia as well.  The Brute series has taught me so much about synthesis and how to make electronic sounds musical.  The MatrixBrute in particular is such a joy to use.  Every time I turn it on I find something new and different which just makes me want to keep tweaking.  Keep up the amazing work!

dm

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 08:26:54 pm »
You guys really got this right, not only is the Matrixbrute a true instrument, it is an engineering marvel. Some people would say it has a huge sweet spot, (rightfully so) but to me, it is just a new classic of its own rights. Well done Arturia

bobfrode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 09:09:28 pm »
AGREE... i absolutely love this synth..its f***** awsome :), it looks beautiful, it sounds wonderful and the possibillities...WOW. Im glad im not married anymore..hehe
(erh..my neighbours would disagree..hehe)
https://soundcloud.com/bob-frode
gear: matrixbrute, Korg kronos, Korg R3, EnsoniqTS12, MPC Touch with a few soft synths

VAU

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 09:40:44 pm »
despite all feature requests: the Matrixbrute is my "island synth".

we had so much gear through the decades,  but for me, there is nothing like it.
it might be not perfect. but it is most unique and alive.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines