April 25, 2024, 09:41:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Powered Device Not Responding  (Read 1450 times)

kingworm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI Powered Device Not Responding
« on: July 11, 2017, 04:34:17 am »
Hey there!

I have already posted about the lower midi channel not working properly because it only sets the receiving midi channel and doesn't change the output midi channel. To solve that issue i was having, I have purchased a Midi Solutions "Router" device in order to filter out the lower half of the keyboard split in duo mode and allow the upper half to send midi while the bottom half of the split does not. Unfortunately, the device is not responding at all and my Matrixbrute refuses to power it(it is MIDI powered and requires no batteries or power supply).

Does the Matrixbrute send midi power to other devices? This would be a large flaw if it didn't because even my cheapest instruments are able to do this, Korg Electribe 2, Minilogue, Roland Fantom G, Novation Circuit, and my laptop. However, plugging the Matrixbrute into it doesn't even cause it to light up dimmly, or power it at all.

Is this even a feature? Or something overlooked? Or am I crazy and not troubleshooting well?

Thanks,

Danny

PES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MIDI Powered Device Not Responding
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 12:23:02 pm »
I can confirm that it doesn't seem to work with the Retrokits RK-002 cable I use for controlling the Volca Sample and FM, which indicates lack of power.

Did you ask support about this?

kingworm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MIDI Powered Device Not Responding
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 05:08:06 pm »
I did ask support about this. They also confirmed that it doesn't work properly but could give me no estimated time for when it might be fixed. It has been awhile now so maybe they will have news for me. Maybe if other people mention the issue, it'll be more of a priority!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines