April 24, 2024, 11:49:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilogue step sequencer plays with BSP as master  (Read 4673 times)

Incredible_Chris

Minilogue step sequencer plays with BSP as master
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:25:40 am »
Hi guys,

I just purchased the BSP and Korg Minilogue.  Im trying to go midi out of the BSP and midi in to the minilogue.  When I press play/start on the bsp the step sequencer plays on the mini.  I have read the mini manual and checked settings.  I have connected the bsp to MMC and I dont see what is wrong.  I also cant turn pads on or off.  If I press the illuminated pads it will play a sound but cant program anything buy turning pads on off.

I have a friend who has a beats step (not a pro) he connected via midi and everything worked fine.  In fact, thats what made me buy the bsp..  To do a test I connected my mpc 1000 via midi to the minilogue in and that also worked like its supposed to.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what Im doing wrong.  I did read some are having a similar issue with the moog mother 32.  If thats the case then I guess I have to wait for a new firmware release
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:32:00 am by Incredible_Chris »

smutek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minilogue step sequencer plays with BSP as master
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 02:55:01 am »
Hey man, you can definitely do what you're trying to do. I just sold my Minilogue last week, but I sequenced it with my BeatStep Pro and my KeyStep.

I ran mine with the ML set to slave.

It's okay to let the ML sequencer run, you just need to delete the sequence. I think the command was shift + rest. If you want the ML sequence back just change to a new program and then change back again. If you delete the ML sequence and save the patch then the sequence will be gone for good, if you want to keep the patch as is you can just delete the sequence and save the patch to an empty slot.

As for the other issue, sorry but I don't quite understand what you're saying. Do you mean that pressing the numeric buttons (1-16) is not triggering notes on the ML? If this is the case be sure that the ML is set to receive clock, that one of the 2 melodic sequencers are active, and that the ML is set to receive MIDI on one of those channels. (By default BSP transmits the melodic sequencers on channels 1 & 2 respectively, and the drum sequencer on channel 10.)

Make sure your cables are connected correctly (sorry, super obvious but it doesn't hurt to mention it). If running the BSP & ML standalone (no daw) with BSP as master then be sure the BSP  sync setting is set to INT (internal clock).

Hope this is helpful.

Incredible_Chris

Re: Minilogue step sequencer plays with BSP as master
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:24:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I really appreciate it.  Yes,i had previously deleted the stored sequence in the mini. I thought there was another setting as my friend didnt have to do that with the original beat step. 

I was also confusing the process between the original and the pro.  I do have sounds on the pads and can record as the squencer plays.  I was thinking of the original where you turn pads on / off by pressing the pads.  Its a different machine with a slightly different process. Just didn't get to use the bsp enough to familiarize myself with it.

Ill give it a try and see how it works out. Thanks again for your time

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines