March 29, 2024, 12:03:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED in FW 1.1.] Anybody else Tuning Problems?  (Read 6718 times)

VAU

Re: Anybody else Tuning Problems?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 04:25:18 pm »
Got this from ARTURIA SUPPORT today (thanks for the fast answer !)

"...This is not a hardware fault.

We have users having tune issues because most of them are touching the synth while tuning.

The tuning procedure can last up to 20-30 seconds. (The screen doesn't display "tune" during the whole procedure but only for around 5 seconds.)

If you press keys / change patch, change parameters while tuning, it may completely mess the tune process.

I advise to turn OFF / ON The synth, leave it warming up for around 15/20 minutes and then start a tune process.

Then do not touch the synth for a minute (to be sure it is correctly done)

Then try again.

On the next firmware update, the tune has been highly improved and the synth is locked during the tune process to avoid any issue...."

gonna try this tonight, would explain a lot, last but not least, why i somehow can recall the first not correct sounding patches (except 2 or 3)

good news,  i really like this synth a lot !

in case you don't know yet, check out ARTUR FUSSY's great patches on youtube - great job !

Riggar49

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 03:04:56 pm »
SoundRider... re drifting

I'm not sure I've ever heard an analogue synth that doesn't drift a little ...

SoundRider

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 03:33:41 pm »
I know ... it's what generates the analoge "warmth", which is why we buy analoge synths in the first place.

I had only the impression it was more on the MB than on my other analoges ... I should make a comparison ;)

VAU

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 05:42:42 pm »
I can confirm, the before from me mentioned tuning/store problems are all solved.

No.need to worry, they are all fixed.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:27:03 pm by VAU »

SoundRider

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 05:47:10 pm »
Great to hear ...  :)

Mr. Pete

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2022, 12:03:52 am »
Thanks!  ;D
This worked perfectly for me— worth noting my tuning issue only started after I ran the built-in auto-tune Panel/Keyboard Tracking sequence with a complex patch loaded… and it was immediately fully remedied by this procedure.

I have discovered, that if you run the Autotune with a complex Patch loaded where the Oscillators are tuned to different positions, it does often not work as expected, sometimes weird tunings afterwards. My workaround: About 5 minutes after powering up the unit I switch to a "Init Preset", turn on all Oscillators and then run the Autotune process - this works perfect...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines