April 19, 2024, 04:11:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug with muting individual drums  (Read 1905 times)

funktree

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bug with muting individual drums
« on: March 07, 2017, 11:58:05 pm »
The individual drum sound mute (introduced in 1.30) DRUM+MUTE+PAD  does not work all the time.
Especially if you have a drum already muted and want to un-mute you need to repeat DRUM+MUTE+PAD one more time to un-mute. I’m on the latest version 1.4.x.x.

Anybody else has experienced this ?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Bug with muting individual drums
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:57:36 am »
I thought that was how it was supposed to work.  Press DRUM+MUTE+PAD to mute or unmute that pad, press only MUTE to mute/unmute the entire sequence and doing the latter with muted pads will unmute them all at once.  I'm sure that is how it was supposed to be implemented?  It works great for manually breaking-down a pattern then dropping it back in all at once.  Individually unmuting each pad would not allow that.

Never had a drum pad not mute properly, but have a few time I've not really pressed the mute button properly.  I now make sure I can see the muted pads showing before I mute another.
I use one pad track to run a drummachine, so I use the individual drum mute function all the time to kill and cue it's trigger.  To mispress the buttons when muting/unmuting it is disastrous.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

funktree

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:36:42 am »
Megamarkd,

All I want un-mute partially muted part... DRUM+MUTE+PAD to partially mute one or more parts.....then a few bars later I want them to come back one by one so I would naturally go DRUM+MUTE+PAD to un-mute “JUST ONE PART” but as you can try that does not work correct ? it does work the second time you do it.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:38:46 am »
I just tried it over and over on different pads and it worked each time.  I'm on the latest firmware.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines