March 29, 2024, 10:11:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Random volume Update.  (Read 2368 times)

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Random volume Update.
« on: March 07, 2017, 10:28:49 pm »
Making a little progress.....I hooked up the keyboard and my Scarlett USB interface to my other computer (Win 7) this morning. I do have Lab2 installed there as well.Right away I was getting a "undisconnected" in the audio setup in Lab2 for the Scarlett USB interface. i also got that common message of switching to a faster usb port from my computer.Well after switching to another port all my problems were solved....it played with no hiccups at all.So after rehooking up to my laptop where I had all my issues before, I changed ports 3 different times without success.I also updated all the drivers which was unnecessary.I do have enough ram and on this computer and meet the requirements from Arturia. But like I mentioned before...theirs no problems with the other individual apps.It just seems that my laptop (Win 8.1) and lab2 are a bad marriage for some reason.Also its not an easy fix to switch over to my other computer for numerous reasons.
Thanx again for viewing.

LBH

Re: Random volume Update.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:17:41 am »
This thread is an update to another thread. Read original thread here: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90354.0#msg139244

Please read the original thread to see things in context.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:50:06 am by LBH »

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:18 pm »
Received this morning from Aruria:Hi,

When running in demo mode, it's normal that not all the keys work, they will work if the software is activated.

The intermittent volume issue can be caused by different facts that I deny so far, but I will suggest to make sure you have updated your Asio4All drivers. Analog Lab or any of our instruments can be used virtually or you can use them with a universal Midi Controller which makes the task easier and more user-friendly (helps with the workflow)

I stay at your disposal if any further assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Amin

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 05:56:18 pm »
So you got an explanation. Good you posted that information.
Kind of weird restrition if it's not only after some time it behave like this. But apparantly that is the restriction Arturia can do for demo versions. There might be a good reason for this.
I would believe the information is given when running in Demo mode. If not it should be.

You wrote you had a (Focusrite - i assume) Scarlet soundcard. So i wonder why you use asio4all driver, like it look like in the answer form Arturia. In most cases it's best to use the original asio driver from the manufactor of soundcards like a Focusrite Scarlet,

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:06:16 pm by LBH »

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 10:06:17 pm »
I bought the program this morning hoping it would change things, but it did'nt. My laptop is running Win 8.1, and I believe the problem lies there somewhere.I concluded that by hooking up to my Win 7 desktop and it played without any issues...my desktop also is licensed as well.Whats ironic is that the other applications (in Win 8.1) have the same computer requirements as Lab2, and they play with no problems.Thats as far as my process of elimation goes.If they had a demo mode for the "Collection" app.and everyhing went smooth, I would purchase it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines