April 19, 2024, 02:31:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Random volume  (Read 4342 times)

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Random volume
« on: March 06, 2017, 05:56:47 pm »
I'm using the demo version of Lab but I'm having intermitent volume isuues with it. Sometimes it will play naturally other times I only get responses on part of the keyboard.Theirs no other issues with the standalone software like Vox, Farisa etc.Sometimes also theirs no response at all.Is this because its a demo version? I''m using Win 8.1 with 6 gigs of ram. Thanx in advance.I'm using this as a standalone.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:59:26 pm by timedriver »

LBH

Re: Random volume
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 08:05:14 pm »
I'm using the demo version of Lab but I'm having intermitent volume isuues with it. Sometimes it will play naturally other times I only get responses on part of the keyboard.Theirs no other issues with the standalone software like Vox, Farisa etc.Sometimes also theirs no response at all.Is this because its a demo version? I''m using Win 8.1 with 6 gigs of ram. Thanx in advance.I'm using this as a standalone.

If you don't change anything and only have the issue on some presets, then it perhaps can help to find an explanation, if you post names on some factory presets, where you have issues.
Also if you tell how you play those presets - like only one note or multiple notes, legato or not etc perhaps can help.

There are different voice limitations on the presets. Some presets are mono and some polyphonic with different availble voices for the individual preset. But i understand you as it's only in Analog Lab you have issues like this, when using the same presets as in the other V-collection 5 applications.
The volume issues i don't understand. Some presets sounds louder than others. But if a single preset change randomly in volume, then it perhaps can be a volume pedal setting, or a setting you change somehow. Can't tell. At least not from the availble informations.

I don't know about the restrictions in demo mode. Is'nt there a text about it, when you start up a application you don't have a license for?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:14:06 pm by LBH »

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:48:17 pm »
Thanx for your speedy response. My gut feeling is that the program is so overloaded with presets that some problems can arise more than other applications. I'm finding that more presets too many to mention are not  working correctly.It doesn't matter if I play chords or single notes.I'd like to buy the "collection" but am afraid that having so many presets will cause these issues.Also like I mentioned, whether it makes a difference or not... the virtual keyboard plays all the presets with no issues.I also do not see any literature about "demo" restrictions. Thanx again for your time.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:19:42 am »
My gut feeling is that the program is so overloaded with presets that some problems can arise more than other applications. I'm finding that more presets too many to mention are not  working correctly.
This has nothing to do with the number of presets. The application is'nt overloaded.
Please remember that when you use the virtual keyboard, then you don't play chords, and you have no velocity and aftertouch.

I find it strange you don't name just a single preset name if you wan't to be helped out. If so many presets don't work, it can't be hard and time consuming to find one.

Do you wan't to spend the time, to - if possible - find out what's going on? Do you wan't help?
We have all started at some point, and needed to learn many things.
It's up to you if you wan't help.

You say you don't have issues with the individual applications. That perhaps rule out hardware and latency issues if it's excactly the same presets played the same way. Otherwise it can also depend on what presets you have troubles with in Analog Lab.

It perhaps can be about some settings somewhere.

Off coarse i can't tell if it's a install error issue. If so it can help to make a clean re-install. But i will only recommend that, if i find out nothing else is responsible for your issues.

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 04:57:42 am »
I've tried a complete reinstall with out success.But will list a few presets later since most of you are adament about taking down names. Thanx for your response again....if anything it seems that theirs lots of support here thats greatly appreciated.

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 05:21:47 am »
All my presets are now acting strange. This might be a stupid question even for a newbie but do I have to have a hardware controller to make this work? Ive tried all the virtual controllers including the default with out success. Also in the audio settings the program does recognize my keyboard as well as my scarlett focusrite. I'm sure that since I'm new to this that I'm probaly overlooking the obvious.I''ll play a chord or a note and maybe get a sound the first time then hitting the same chord or note the second time with a few seconds that have elapsed get either no sound or a high volume response.Also on the left side of my keyboard I might get a sound from a chord but no results afew octaves higher.I hope this info helps.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 05:59:38 pm »
.. the virtual keyboard plays all the presets with no issues.
do I have to have a hardware controller to make this work?
Please explain this?

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 10:08:21 pm »
"the virtual keyboard plays all the presets with no issues" disregard that statement....and checkout my new post update.

LBH

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:27 am »
How to make sense to your answer?
Why do you ask if things only work, if you have a controller, and that after you have said you did'nt have issues with the virtual keyboard, that you now wan't me/ us to disregard, and as i know understand from your update thread you have a hardware controller?

I'm out of this now.

From your update thread, i also must understand you have things sorted out now, Or what?

Why use another thread to update, when it's not nedded and it is possible to do in this thread? If there is a answer to this that make sense, then i like to hear it.
Timedriver has for some reason updated this thread here: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90364.msg139254#new
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:02:19 am by LBH »

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 04:14:49 am »
Your right, my bad...I should have sticked with original thread...I'll be 15 yr old this April if thats a good excuse.

LBH

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 04:44:58 am »
Your right, my bad...I should have sticked with original thread...I'll be 15 yr old this April if thats a good excuse.

It's good you admit it.

I can recommend you answer the questions you get, if you have an issue another time, if you wan't help to solve things.
Correct and precise informations about certain things is very important to solve things.

Also you can read manuals https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals
and you can search the forum and the web for possible answers before you ask or report.
Many times there is a good explanation for things that seems odd. Other times there are'nt.
Also things take time to learn and understand. It don't have to be the software or the hardware that don't work correct. But if you only are 14 years old, then you have time. Have patience and take time to solve and learn things, then you may learn quickly.

I can inform you that music production/ audio processing is one of the most demanding tasks for a computer. Especially low latency real time performance like we need is demanding. So computer specs and setiings is important, just like the settings for a soundcard and the other things i did ask you about, but you did'nt answer.
Perhaps you can start here in this article i link to and start learning or get tips about some of this, if you don't know about it:
https://support.image-line.com/knowledgebase/base.php?ans=214

Also i can tell a re-install is'nt a clean re-install, and only a thing to do if it's absolutely needed. Some files perhaps need to be removed manually before a new install.

Now i have been giving you benefit of the doubt, and have given you some tips.

EDIT: I can add that many use your Windows version for audio tasks like this without issues, unless it's corrupt. I use Windows 10 now, and have used Windows 7 also.EDIT END
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:45:24 am by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 07:15:57 am »
To my previous post i can also add, that you shall remember, that presets that's programmed for it can have volume changes depending on for example velocity and aftertouch. If you don't know this, then you perhaps can experience this as random volume changes. But it's normal behavior.
If you don't know about velocity and aftertouch, then search for info about it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines