April 26, 2024, 01:47:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Birthday ! One year without Beatstep Pro update.  (Read 7528 times)

menegass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Birthday ! One year without Beatstep Pro update.
« on: March 06, 2017, 02:28:19 pm »
Too bad it's going to be a birthday with little to celebrate.
It's the third time I've had problems with a sequencer.

The first was an Analog Solutions Europa.
The second with a Fyrd MTRX-s.

There is something wrong with the manufacturers of MIDI sequencers. It must be a conspiracy.
============
Menegasso
============

rmri

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Birthday ! One year without Beatstep Pro update.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:11:39 pm »
Pattern shift, pattern transpose, glide time param and tons of smaller features would be very welcome additions.

Instead of buying new a lot of people are buying second hand. Why are people selling? Because it has missing features and not checking the price/value boxes.
If Arturia would come out with regular updates and better functionality people would not sell that easily and it would drive people to buy new.

Look at the OP-1, it's the exact same hardware since years but with constant updates. Prices are very stable, it's almost just easier to buy new than to hunt down a second hand one for not much less.

Worth a tought, I'm also thinking about selling...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:13:36 pm by rmri »

turbo_kev

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:29:28 pm »
don't sell it yet, you might regret it

apparently there is an update coming soon

fingers crossed

BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

menegass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:08:23 pm »
Last Beatstep Pro update:

BeatStep Pro Firmware   05-Apr-2016   346 Kb   1.4.0.20

Today completes one year since the last update! Congratulations Arturia!
============
Menegasso
============

luchod1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 03:22:08 pm »
when is te update coming? More clock rate options -like in keystep- is a MUST

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 03:44:33 am »
when is te update coming? More clock rate options -like in keystep- is a MUST

The BSP has the same clock divisions as the Keystep already just not on a knob.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

luchod1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 09:36:24 pm »
Hi Megamarkd, thanks for your answer...maybe I'm missing something

BSP supports 1step, 24ppq and 48ppq clock in/out setting
And Korg seems to speak in 2ppq (not sure!)

I need to send clock out from BSP to a Korg Taktile in order to sync the Arpegiator tempo

Can you tell if it's possible to do via clock adaptor (black):
BSP clock out -> clock adaptor -> midi cable -> Taktile midi in

Korg Taktile is configured to get a clock signal via midi in port
I tried the three clock resolutions with no success

Anyone tried? Thanks!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 06:47:21 am »
Ah I thought you were talking about the different rates the sequence can run at. 
You are correct about Korg using 2ppqn, as do Teenage Engineering (weirdos, but Korg have a history of doing thing different to everyone else CV/Trig wise).
Yeah I agree it's annoying that the Keystep does 2ppqn and the BSP doesn't, but I have both, so I can clock my Volca and Pocket Operator with the Keystep ;)

Okay, here is a work-around for BSP->Volca/TE: Use one of your drum tracks to send a pulse to the Volca by setting it to send a GATE signal to the Volca at double the tempo.  I run my Rhythm Wolf using drum track 8.  It steps forward once each pulse it receives (1ppqn).  So to run a step-sequencer that steps forward every two pulses, run the Volca at double time.  If the BSP drum track is running at 1/16, send the Volca a Gate pulse every step and run the Volca at 1/32, or run the BSP drum track at half-time that which you want the Volca to run.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

tkabd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 03:43:09 pm »
the trick with gate pulse from a drum track doesn't work with volcas - very instable - sometimes it goes faster, sometimes slower(

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 05:34:10 am »
Bummer, I've not tried it myself and was just going off how it works with the Rhythm Wolf, which is perfect.

redon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 03:37:26 am »
yes they told to me too that there was a update scheduled in march. they told me in november I think. now we are in May. AND STILL NO NRPN, A LOT OF BUGS AND QUIRKS. unusable in live situations.
thanks arturia. thinking to sell it.

turbo_kev

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 09:37:24 am »
The testers now have a beta of the new firmwear
so it shouldn't be long now

cheers
kev

ps check out the beatstep facebook group for more info
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 03:37:24 pm »
Hi Guys,
Be patient please we are working on it !
Best
Ben
.......testing.......

hardware 408

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 10:01:45 pm »
For what its worth, what the BSP can do is pretty neat.  I dont know about all the people throwing out feature requests that are super complicated :D

The only feature Ive heard suggested that I ran into wanting myself, is, during pattern playback, having the current playing pattern finish before advancing to a newly manually-queued pattern, instead of switching instantly.

Also the need to be on usb life support to change midi notes on drum pads is mildly infuriating but I cant fathom how that could be changed via software :(

I liked BSP controlling my analog synths so much I bought a second BSP. It is kind of like building a hardware sequencer two tracks at a time, but I like the interface and setting the pitches by knobs instead of keys. Pretty cool device. I want to use the drum sequencers now on two other machines but im faced with mapping midi notes to the pads and its painful.

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 12:23:06 am »
" during pattern playback, having the current playing pattern finish before advancing to a newly manually-queued pattern, instead of switching instantly."
If I understand this correctly you can already do this in the midi control center under Device Settings, Sync and select Wait to load pattern = on. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines