March 28, 2024, 04:39:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Instrument Sample Triggers When I Play Softly, Not When I Play Hard -  (Read 1094 times)

immichaelyoung

Dragging my own drum samples to an instrument pad in Sparkle works strangely for me. First issue: I receive the message "Redo Load Sample." (I have tried dragging multiple samples multiple times in multiple formats - aiff, wav. Same error message each time.) Second issue: the sample triggers when I hit the pad softly, but not if I hit the pad firmly / hard. If I hit the pad hard, whatever sample I had loaded previously to dragging a sample to the pad triggers. What's going on and how do I fix this / get my sample to trigger no matter how hard I hit the pad?

Many thanks.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
I don't know about the first part, but the second part sounds like you have two samples on the same pad, set to velocity trigger.
Go to the Studio page in Spark, and you'll see the sampler there. It has 6 layers. Check all the layers to make sure only layer 1 has a sample in it.
And no, sadly, you can't drag files to the sampler. Also no, sadly, you can't adjust how velocity triggers the sample layers. It simply auto-assigns velocities based on how many of the layers have audio in them.

Hope that helps.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines