April 16, 2024, 09:04:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 1926 times)

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Newbie question
« on: March 05, 2017, 01:35:00 am »
Really love the demos and will be purchasing soon.I was'nt sure where to post this but here goes anyway......I really love the sounds of the Korg and am especially interested with "Seals" Crazy. Has any one replicated this to some degree with Synclavier or the other programs? Thanx in advance!

LBH

Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:17:37 pm »
Really love the demos and will be purchasing soon.I was'nt sure where to post this but here goes anyway......I really love the sounds of the Korg and am especially interested with "Seals" Crazy. Has any one replicated this to some degree with Synclavier or the other programs? Thanx in advance!

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

When asking such a question it will be a good idea to post a link for the sound you think about, and to tell what it is you find good or speciel about the sound, and what you wan't to replicate about it.

What have Korg to do with that sound or with V-collection?
Don't SEAL have a bass player playing a normal bass sound on Crazy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fc67yQsPqQ

You can create many different bass sounds on different synths. Also some bass sounds that have some kind of fret sound. But perhaps samplers - or physical modelling synths can replicate that fret sound better.
EDIT: In V-collection i would look at Synclavier  and Prophet VS first, especially because of the fret sound. I would say you could find or get something usable. Perhaps the original sound is a blend, and perhaps you shall blend two sounds to get the closest. Can't tell for sure.EDIT END

It's not only the sound that matter, it's also the way the sound is played, and it can be hard work to make a synth bass or a sampled bass sound like a real bass player playing a bass, as for example different notes are played differently.

That don't mean you can't get something you can use with any synth.

Sometimes - if you need it - synths can do sounds that replicate other instruments well enough to use in such a context, if you take the time to make the sounds and learn to play them.
But synths can do so many other things. Synths and samplers are instruments that can do their own stuff.

Also the production can have a huge impact on a sound. I think Trevor Horn produced Seals Crazy, and IMHO he is a fantastic producer.

What's so speciel about the bass sound you are looking for?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:42:14 pm by LBH »

timedriver

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 11:14:43 pm »
Thanx for your speedy response.

methodman3000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 11:41:28 pm »
There are also many Arturia tutorials that explain how to program,  2600 has one the matrix 12 has a good explanation as to hew it works and what things mean.  I am by no means a professional sound designer but I understand how to pull various preliminary sounds out. Type in the individual synth.  Synclavier is an additive fm synth I wonder how it compares to NI Razor or the Kawai K5 or K5000 for example.  They were both additive synthesizers.  But the person that would understand additive the most would probably be www.galbanum.com/ They specialize in additive waveforms for various synths.  I don't understand Wavetable making so I can't really work on a Synclair.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines