March 29, 2024, 11:54:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Review in SOS  (Read 5101 times)

rjt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Review in SOS
« on: March 05, 2005, 03:44:12 pm »
Anybody read the review of MiniV in SOS this month.  Conclusion was that it is an interesting synth but falls short in terms of duplicating some of the minis sounds.  Particularly noted were the actually shape of the waves from the oscillators, zippering in the filter and a few other things.  Kind of interesting..... didn't stop me from liking the miniV though.

Take Care
Never wrestle in the mud with a pig--
You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

FabP

Review in SOS
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 11:36:15 am »
Thanks for your support and for already liking the MiniMg V !  :D

We read the MiniMg V review in Sound on sound, we also had a long discussion with Gordon Reid.

Our first goal when we develop our products is to offer some musical instruments, rather than some technical tools.
That's why we focus on the musical aspects of the sound, that is sometimes very difficult to combine with some purely technical aspects.

We certainly have to improve some of the technical aspects to be closer to the original synths in certain very particular cases, but in most cases we thougt that the usability and the musical aspect are the most important points for musicians.

We always carefully take in consideration all remarks and criticisms from users, journalists, musicians.. in order to always improve our products.

So we have not waited for the criticisms in the SOS MiniMg V review to work on our products and to improve them, in particular on the MiniMg V.

I hope that the next update will satisfy all the musicians who just like to play with a good souding instrument, and all the users who wants a very close reproduction, with all the technical aspects and precision that they need.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

rjt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Review in SOS
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 05:40:45 am »
I agree the musicality is more important than duplication.  I have enjoyed playing the miniV and any improvements would be great.  Also, seems like some of the criticisms shouldn't be too had to change.  Others (like the increasing volume envelopes on the original mini) wouldn't seem like an improvement to me.  

Had a micro-Mg in the old days and really enjoyed that.  I didn't mention that in the SOS article that they liked some of the additions.... such as the extra LFO etc.

Take Care
Never wrestle in the mud with a pig--
You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

omissis

Review in SOS
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 11:00:36 am »
Just some thoughts

I believe that honest reviews as the one on SoS have to be put in a special regard by a company who wants to lead the synths' emulation market because they help them finding the right path to get a better product

On the other side there are a lot of people who , saving their full right to protest and criticize , just...... protests and criticizes, without argumenting their speeches , something like « Arturia sucks! » , but when asked why or asked to prove something about it or when someone shows any argumented contrary thought , here this people say « Here he comes, the Arturia fan » or still think that Arturia sucks but unfortunately don't remeber why anymore.... :lol:

To Fabrice: it is clear that your goal is to make some usable stuff, anyway I think you could anyway build some excellent technical tools as you say but well disguised by a usable and musican-friendly interface....and after all nobody has to know you're building some technical tools , isn' it  :wink:  :wink:  :lol: ?????
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines