March 28, 2024, 08:38:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AL2 Plugin Version: Assigning/Linking DAW Event Parameters (eg Velocity)  (Read 2259 times)

JDS5150

Hi all,
Using the AL2 VST version within my DAW (FLStudio), i am trying to link the parameters (mainly just Velocity/Volume) to individual notes/events within the DAW.  The problem is that when i change the velocity/volume of a note within the DAW, the velocity of that note created by the plugin (and therefor within the DAW mix) is not affected.  This results in every note from the plugin being the same volume. 

For example:  The attached screen shot shows FLStudio's "piano roll" (where individual notes/events are painted-in).  When i change the velocity (circled in red) of each note/event (for the purpose of varying the volume of individual notes of a chord), the AL2 plugin does not respond accordingly by changing the volume of these notes/events.

Note:  I am using AL2's Ballad Organ preset.

Could anybody help me figure out how to assign/link the DAW parameters with those of the AL2 plugin?

Thanks for reading and any feedback you may have.
jds
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:12:28 am by JDS5150 »

LBH

Re: AL2 Plugin Version: Assigning/Linking DAW Event Parameters (eg Velocity)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:30:13 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Only presets that use velociy in the sound programming can use velocity. And it can be for other things than volume.

Most organ sounds do not use velocity. Vox Continental presets including the Ballad organ you mention do not use velocity. A traditional organ do not use velocity. The volume/ pedal is used to make expression.

I don't know what preset selection you have as i have the full V-collection. But if you for example have some piano sounds, then try them. There's a better change they use veocity. But also other presets does.
If a preset use velocity, then it will react on your usage of velocity from you controller or DAW.

To use velocity on sounds in applications where velocity is possible but not yet programmed into the preset, then you need the full individual application.
VOX Continental don't have velocity options.

JDS5150

Re: AL2 Plugin Version: Assigning/Linking DAW Event Parameters (eg Velocity)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:42:50 am »
Thank you for your explanation. 

jds

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines