March 29, 2024, 07:27:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab as a Cubase remote  (Read 9007 times)

John79

Minilab as a Cubase remote
« on: February 21, 2017, 12:00:37 am »
Hey Arturia,

I recently bought the minilab mkII as a remote controller for Cubase pro 9 and after successfully setting it up i'm running into a few (minor) issues for which a little help would be appreciated.  :)

- 1 - *Feature Request*
Is it possible to reverse the way backlighting works on gate buttons? I'm using them to control the transport in cubase and it would be nice to see the button color before I press it. I.e. I'd like to see a green button so i know it corresponds with the play button in Cubase. And after pressing it, it should still light up. Reversing the way the lights repond in gate mode would solve this. Now i have to quess what the buttons do before i press them. This option should be available for each button. For toggle buttons i'd also like a setting to keep the lights to stay on all the time. I think this would be a good feature for many users that use the minilab as a remote controller for DAWs.

- 2 - *Question*
Cubase is sending midi data back to the minilab when a controller is altered on the screen. I.e. If i turn on a mute button with a toggle button on the minilab and turn it off with the mouse on the screen cubase is sending a signal back to the minilab letting it know the mute button is off. The minilab seems to ignore this signal and the backlight stays on. How do i make the minilab respond to remote signals from Cubase? Is this even possible?

- 3 - *Bug or Feature?*
When changing the encoders speed to fast in the minilab device settings encoder 1 and 9 stay slow. I've managed to fool cubase by lowering the maximum value in the remote device manager. The result is that cubase "scales" the range of the encoder and makes it faster. I'm using relative #2 for cubase and it works perfect so for me this issue is already resolved but perhaps this will help others. I also think there should be a much more faster mode available for the encoders, because the fastest mode is still to slow.

Thanks,
John

apmm

Re: Minilab as a Cubase remote
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 12:42:35 pm »
Can you share your Cubase-Remote definitions and Minilab MK2 Midi-Control-Center definition.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines