April 16, 2024, 08:57:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mute/Solo not automating/recalling in Ableton  (Read 2304 times)

grapejuice

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mute/Solo not automating/recalling in Ableton
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:41:12 am »
Hi!

I've got Spark CDM fully updated firmware and latest Spark 2 software.  Running in Live 9.7.1 64 bit.

Everything is working fine except for Mute and Solo!  If I record other automation in Ableton it replays perfectly but Mute and Solo don't replay.   So for example if I start a track with BD, SN, HH all muted and then umute them as the track progresses the state is not recalled by the software.  So if I restart the song at the beginning the instruments are all umuted, in the last state I left them in.   I can see that the Mute and Solo functions are begin recorded by Ableton in automation lanes but the software doesn't respond to those two (very important!) automations.  All other automation (pitch, volume, pan etc) record and playback perfectly fine.

Anyone else have this problem?  Know the solution?  If I can get this working this is literally the perfect drum machine!

R!

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Mute/Solo not automating/recalling in Ableton
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:22:09 pm »
Hi , mute and solo are not automated .so this cannot be done.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

grapejuice

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Mute/Solo not automating/recalling in Ableton
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 03:15:19 am »
hi terry!  i have your 909 presets and they are awesome thank you for those. 

so i'm not sure it's entirely correct that mute and solo can't be automated - it can be done on an individual pad level but just not the master mute/solo buttons which is incredibly frustrating :)

i can record mute and solo automation in ableton at least on an  using session automation and see automation envelopes/curves on the track - .  they seem to work as the should except that the mute/solo buttons on the hardware and vst seem to interfere with the automation after it's recorded. 

my scenario  - i make a kit and pattern in spark (including setting up some things on the mute/solo pages) and add some other instruments loop in ableton.  then i hit record in session view and jam on the spark controller of the course of the song muting and unmuting and soloing various drum voices.   now if i go back to the beginning the track i would like it to play thru exactly the performance i just recorded including mutes and solos - sometimes it does this but then if need to try and add mutes/solos during another pass pressing the mute or solo buttons messes up the previous automation.  i think it's because of this special way arturia has implemented the mute/solo 'groups'.

Hi , mute and solo are not automated .so this cannot be done.

Terrym

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines