March 28, 2024, 07:58:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modulation wheel on midi controller and micro brute  (Read 2223 times)

steveurick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Modulation wheel on midi controller and micro brute
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:17:32 pm »
Hello,

I have a problem. I am using an AKAI MPK261 to play the micro brute via MIDI and noticed a problem. On the micro brute I can move the mod wheel to introduce vibrato via the lfo and when I return the wheel to the original position, the vibrato is gone. (This is what I want.) When I use the AKAI, returning the wheel to its original position does not eliminate the vibrato entirely. I can reach over and move the micro brute wheel forward and back and this eliminates the vibrato, but no such luck with the controller. I love the synth, but my hands are too big to play that keyboard, and I want to introduce vibrato and then cut it off when I am soloing.

Please advise

enossified

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Modulation wheel on midi controller and micro brute
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 12:02:48 am »
The Akai sends MIDI messages when you move the mod wheel, it sounds like the final message to indicate the wheel is back to 0 is not being sent. If you have access to a DAW or MIDI monitor you can verify that the messages are not being sent.

FWIW, I use my Yamaha Motif XF to control my miniBrute and the mod wheel behaves properly.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines