March 28, 2024, 04:28:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Changes and features wishlist  (Read 8626 times)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Changes and features wishlist
« on: February 15, 2017, 06:04:21 pm »
While waiting for my MatrixBrute to be delivered here is my wish list for changes and features - sooner rather than later. It's mostly small and simple stuff that could easily make its way into the firmware, and some that require more work:
  • Capture of new velocities when Key Hold is on. Currently the first velocity captured is used for all subsequent notes.
  • Capture of velocity for each key when using the arpeggiator. Currently the first velocity captured is used for all keys, unlike my other synths.
    (Lack of velocity capture for last/individual notes is a confirmed bug)
  • Glide for upper part in Duo Split mode - much wanted for upper part soloing. Maybe Mode+Glide to swap lower and upper glide, blinking Glide LED for upper?
    (Reported to have been working prior to FW 1.1)
  • Less deadzone on the pitch wheel. The large deadzone makes precise and well timed bends harder than they should be.
  • Selectable aftertouch curves, like velocity curves. The AT is a little abrupt initially)
  • Finer control of fine tune, mapping away the notchy center detent (a bit abrupt around center, same dilemma as sub 37 pitch mod amount pot).
  • More programmable matrix destinations. E.g. pressing the 4 buttons without assigning anything could switch between 4 pages for a total of 16 destinations.
  • Paraphonic note capture in the sequencer.
  • Storing velocity and aftertouch curve settings per patch.
  • Linked/populated sequence indication when pressing "Patterns" and "Link", using a different colour.
  • Ability to set MIDI tx and rx channel, local mode and pot mode on the synth itself.
  • Ability to name presets on the synth itself (could use the alphanumeric preset LED display).
  • Ability to dump and receive patches (and banks) as MIDI sysex data straight from and to the synth - very important for total recall in conjunction with DAWs.
  • Full voice and sequence editing, as well as remote control, via MIDI sysex.
  • For Duo Split mode: ability to swap the filters around, so that the lower part (with sequencer) can use the Steiner Parker and the upper part can use the Ladder.

Some specific suggetions for the sequencer:
  • Display the notes on the patch number display, when playing or selecting a step and when holding a Step button and turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the note value for the step.
  • Hold Accent button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the velocity value for the step.
  • Hold Slide button while turning the Mod Amount knob to edit the gate length for the step, the Gate knob would then be a relative adjustment.
  • Most definitely fix the MOD button + Mod Amount knob bug (no longer working until you pres Record + Play).

Done! :)
  • Preset vs current parameter indicator, using preset display showing the difference and with 0 indicating a match.
    (Still wish for a toggle on/off mode, e.g. hold PReset 3 seconds to toggle. Also wish it didn't switch to the Preset page)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:48:39 pm by DrJustice »

F5D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Changes and features wishlist
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 11:21:02 pm »
Yes, definitely the aftertouch curves and naming presets directly from the synth panel, not just from the midi control software. Currently, the aftertouch sensitivity can be adjusted in the midi control software, but the curve not. I would like the curve to be less of a step function. Now, it is difficult to modulate the AT, as it goes beyond the barrier so quickly. Otherwise, the feel of the keyboard is just great, also velocity. Naming of presets from the synth should be considered as part of default functions of a synth. I consider the lack of that feature a choice from Arturia to release the synth to the market and quickly update the firmware to make it possible.

+The direct sysex capability, not only limited to using Arturia's own Midi control center.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:55:45 am by F5D »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:45:37 am »
A GS posting reminded me of this one, which I forgot in the list above:
  • Ability to dump and receive patches as MIDI sysex data straight from and to the synth - very important for total recall in conjunction with DAWs

SoundRider

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 12:01:13 pm »
A GS posting reminded me of this one, which I forgot in the list above:
  • Ability to dump and receive patches as MIDI sysex data straight from and to the synth - very important for total recall in conjunction with DAWs

Absolutely ... this and an entire bank or all banks.

lensflare

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • https://soundcloud.com/lensflare-564296261
    • Lensflare Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 12:18:51 pm »
... and do not forget "START SEQUENCE POINT" feature to amke the sequencer the definitive tool!!!!  ;D
www.lensflare.it
 "Our Planet - Gaia, Mother Earth - is a Living being and all life forms are her offspring"

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 05:13:39 pm »
I'm already running out of programmable matrix destinations while making a flute patch with a 'perfect' chiff and other subtle articulation. Having 4 is good, but the whole thing just invites one to go further. So I added :
  • More programmable matrix destinations. E.g. pressing the 4 assign-buttons without assigning anything could switch between 4 pages for a total of 16 destinations.

If I'm not mistaken, I see LEDs on the PCB for the assign-buttons (not used currently). If that's indeed the case, then they could light up to indicate the currently select  page of 4 mod destinations.
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:27:46 pm by DrJustice »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
    • Administrator
    « Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 07:27:10 am »
    I really miss glide for the upper part in Duo Split mode. Never really use it for the lower part since that's usually bass, so I've added:
    • Glide for upper part in Duo Split mode - much wanted for upper part soloing. Maybe Mode+Glide to swap lower and upper glide, blinking Glide LED for upper?

usw

• Apprentice
    • Apprentice
    « Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 12:14:28 pm »
    Mine still has the original firmware and the glide can definitely be activated for the upper part in duophonic mode, did the recent update break that ?

I'd really like the matrixbrute to remember its last state when turned on (current preset, including buffered edits, panel on/off switch etc), and a way to switch between the original and the edited sound would also be welcome.

I already asked about adding midi tuning standard support without getting any answer, being stuck in 12-tet feels like a big step back for me, despite the amazing sound palette.

I agree about the matrix, 4 user programmable destinations isn't much :( Another somehow related regret : duophonic and paraphonic modes aren't exploitable thru cv/gate (it would have solved both my free intonation and polyphonic needs, and as it is even monophonic sounds relying on the 3 vcos can't be exploited : vco3 frequency control is missing)…

ps : there's a annoying bug in the kb/seq source, it ignores the legato setting option (always interpreted as "on").
    « Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:28:40 pm by usw »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
    • Administrator
    « Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 02:17:32 pm »
    There's no glide in the upper part in Duo Split mode on FW 1.1.0.73 here - just tried again for verification. Please let's know if the upper part glide goes missing when you upgrade yours. If so it should be an easily reversible bugette.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
    • Administrator
    « Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 05:18:56 pm »
    When pressing a Mod track button and tweaking Mod Amount in play mode, the Mod step on/off state remains on, and it will even be switched immediately on if held when in the off state and the tweaking the Mod Amount. When in Record mode, the state will always toggle when you tweak Mod Amount while holding the button. The latter seems like a bug, or at least a very annoying "feature". I'd wish the mod track buttons remain in the on state when the Mod Amount is tweaked in all cases. I therefore add:
    • In the sequencer when in Record mode, make sure the Mod step buttons are left in the ON state after holding them and tweaking the Mod Amount

DLopez

• Apprentice
      • Apprentice
      « Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 08:27:18 am »
      I came here just to ask about less dead zone on the pitch wheel, but I see you've already done it.

Small back and forth wiggles are impossible to do.

+1 please :)

Also... I thought the aftertouch curve was a bit steep. I set the sensitivity to 10% in the MIDI Control Center, which did seem to help.
      « Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:31:45 am by DLopez »

VAU

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 12:47:50 pm »
      wouldn't a fade in/out for the aftertouch be possible to make it really smooth?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
      • Administrator
      « Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 03:04:14 pm »
      It would be smoothly engaged, but not smoothly modulated by varying pressure. We can already do a fade by applying an envelope to the aftertouch signal in the matrix for up to  4 destinations (and yes, when they are spent we need more modulation slots...).

BobTheDog

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 09:08:32 pm »
      I must admit I have been wondering what the other 90% of aftertouch sensitivity might be for.

Numans1

• Apprentice
      • Apprentice
      « Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 11:11:30 pm »
      The ability to modulate vco3 from the matrix,
      Sequencer to record and transpose from any key,
      You can loose the feel having to wright in c !

Carbonate design by Bloc
      SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines