March 28, 2024, 05:39:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The * in the Bank names  (Read 1461 times)

gone2lake

The * in the Bank names
« on: February 15, 2017, 03:46:19 am »
Hello, this could be the dumbest question ever asked on the forum & that's ok because I searched the .pdf manual(s) for EVERY component of the V Collection and never EVER found an explanation for this.

When you select a BANK to play... after a few seconds, usually, the Bank Name will change with an added * at the end of it.

For example...   I select the 'Anesthesiac' LEAD bank in the Vox component.  After playing a few notes/chords the name 'Anesthesiac' suddenly changes to 'Anasthesiac*' with the * on the end of it.

This happens to every bank in every program included in V Collection.

What is the deal with this?  It could be NOTHING... It could be SOMETHING...  I just can't find any information on the name changing.

Thank you VERY VERY VERY MUCH for whoever can tell me what the deal is with this!

Gracias!

LBH

Re: The * in the Bank names
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:10:08 am »
Hi gone2lake and welcome to Arturia forums.

The * come whenever you edit a sound. Even when you for example use a modwheel or many other things the * appear. It's normal and just telling that something has been used that might change the sound. If you select another preset or save the current preset, the the * disapear until you use/ change the sound again. But you can think of it as a warning, so you don't accidently overwrite the current preset with some possible changes.

gone2lake

Re: The * in the Bank names
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 08:56:17 am »
I kinda thought that might be what it was but since I couldn't find anything about it in any of the manuals I thought I should ask around to be sure.

THANKS A LOT for the information!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines