March 28, 2024, 10:47:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SEQuencer and MOD help!  (Read 2330 times)

Aphemia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SEQuencer and MOD help!
« on: February 13, 2017, 04:54:26 pm »
Hi all

I have just started to play with the sequencer, and am struggling to get the 'MOD' button to do anything.

I have a very simple patch/sequence running to test this.
I turn on the 'MOD' light for some of the steps in the sequence.
In the MOD mode, I assign Seq Mod to VCO 1 pitch and set a mod value of +99.

Should this be increasing the pitch of VCO 1 on the highlighted notes, when running the sequence?  I cannot seem to make it have any effect at all.

Thanks in advance for all help!

tomeso

• Beta-testers
Re: SEQuencer and MOD help!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:36:29 pm »
First: make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

To hear the effect of the SEQ MOD in the MOD Matrix, you should use different values for the steps. The value of the individual steps is set by holding the step button on the SEQ page while turning the MOD value knob.
In you example, you should try: first step with MOD value +99, next value 00, next value -99 and so on.

Then you go to the MOD Matrix and you select the destination (in your case VCO1 pitch) and set the modulation depth.

In other words: on the SEQ page you set the values for the steps and on the MOD page you set the destination and the modulation depth.
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Aphemia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 07:04:42 pm »

To hear the effect of the SEQ MOD in the MOD Matrix, you should use different values for the steps. The value of the individual steps is set by holding the step button on the SEQ page while turning the MOD value knob.

Thank you!  This is the instruction I was missing.  Beautiful!

Ninecows

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 03:00:34 pm »
Can I use the sequencer to ONLY modify something in the matrix (E.g. cutoff) and not triggering notes and changing pitch? So I can play a chord in paraphonic mode and have an 8 step sequence changing the cutoff frequency to various levels?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 03:37:37 pm »
Can I use the sequencer to ONLY modify something in the matrix (E.g. cutoff) and not triggering notes and changing pitch? So I can play a chord in paraphonic mode and have an 8 step sequence changing the cutoff frequency to various levels?
No, when the sequencer is enabled it will be started and transposed by playing a key.

One might use a trick though, by entering a single note, then making a tie across all the notes in the sequencer (or as many as needed). You'd then be able to play and transpose that note with the modulation track taking effect. You can even play legato without restarting the sequencer. The sequencer wraps around of course, retriggering the note, but with 64 steps it could last quite a long time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines