March 28, 2024, 09:28:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Channels  (Read 1823 times)

n00btastic

Midi Channels
« on: February 12, 2017, 09:36:58 pm »
I have a feeling this is an absolutely moronic question, but I can't figure out a solution. So I apologize in advance.

I am using Digital Performer 9 and wanting to leverage some Mini V presets for various midi tracks. With my other virtual instruments (EastWest), the "Play" instrument can assign various presets to various midi channels. That is, I can have 5 different presets from the "Play" (EastWest) instrument assigned to midi channel 1, midi channel 2, midi channel 3, etc. Pretty basic stuff.

I know you can control which channel a preset is on in the bottom right of the the Mini V window, but when I try to record a new midi track  in DP9 on a different Mini V-3 midi channel, it screws up the other channel. In other words, I record a midi track on Mini V-3 channel 1, but I can't figure out how to keep that track/sound and then record a new track/sound on Mini V-3 channel 2 in my Digital Performer project.

Please help this n00b!

Thanks so much.

LBH

Re: Midi Channels
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 10:23:53 pm »
Hi n00btastic and welcome to the Arturia forums.

Mini V is'nt multitimbral. You can only have one sound/ preset pr loaded instance.

n00btastic

Re: Midi Channels
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:04:31 pm »
That would explain it. Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines