March 28, 2024, 07:40:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Side cheeks and knobs have sticky residue.  (Read 4839 times)

ozmic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Side cheeks and knobs have sticky residue.
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:51:02 am »
I noticed recently the plastic or the coating on the knobs and side cheeks is a little sticky. Nothing comes off it, but it is a little sticky to touch.
It is humid where I am, so I don't know if that is a reason.
Has anyone else experienced this?

ozmic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Side cheeks and knobs have sticky residue.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 04:18:29 am »
I fixed the issue.
I used an wet cleansing towels (the ones you get on airplanes with your meal) followed by a dry cloth to clean every slider and pot. Then, I cleaned the side cheeks and wheels. But I did not open it up to do the wheels, so the parts inside not accessible would still have the residue. It is like new now, but it did take around 3 - 4 hours to do it as it took some elbow grease to get rid of the residue.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 01:32:21 am »
Scary stuff.  The end cheeks aren't such a worry as they don't do anything besides being end cheeks, but the knobs are integral and can't be bypassed with MIDI. 
I wish that just wiping down with a refresher towel would work for the knobs on my Microwave XTk and the paint on my Pulse and 4-Pole.  Nextel paint was so nice to touch 20yrs ago, now it looks like arse but doesn't affect their use.  The knobs are crumbling in my fingers and really do make it hard to use the beast without a controller (for a 46-knobbed performance synthesiser :'( at least the end cheeks on it are real wood :) )
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Bernhard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:43:05 pm »
I noticed recently the plastic or the coating on the knobs and side cheeks is a little sticky. Nothing comes off it, but it is a little sticky to touch.

I can understand what you mean. If it remains like this I'm totally fine.
But I am curious how it might develop over time.

Some coatings become more & more sticky, and I'd hate to see the MiniBrute to go that way as well.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines