April 20, 2024, 11:05:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 38€ shipping for a BeatStep Pro Replacement Cable Kit ??  (Read 4367 times)

koochey

• Beta-testers
    • Den Ishu
38€ shipping for a BeatStep Pro Replacement Cable Kit ??
« on: December 01, 2016, 06:55:14 pm »
Hello Arturia,
i would love to order a BeatStep Pro Replacement Cable Kit - but 38€ (twice the price of the product) shipping within Europe seems pretty ridiculous ?
maybe it's a mistake ?? or offer a slower shipping option - i mean it's a small package...
https://www.arturia.com/store/accessories/beatstepproreplacementcablekit

siseturist

• Soundcloud
Re: 38€ shipping for a BeatStep Pro Replacement Cable Kit ??
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:04:07 pm »
That's insane!
That stuff fits inside a small CD envelope and weights close to nothing.

koochey

• Beta-testers
    • Den Ishu
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:58:03 pm »
That's insane!
That stuff fits inside a small CD envelope and weights close to nothing.
indeed !
52,90 € total

maikurohon

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:42:07 pm »
Definitely not a mistake.  I emailed them about it a while back and they simply said that it's expensive to ship from France.   I just purchased some similar cables on eBay for like $8 each or something but I'd much rather have the Arturia ones.

siseturist

• Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 11:06:02 pm »
Except if they would use french post:
https://www.french-property.com/guides/france/la-poste-mail/postal-tariffs-services/

There probably isn't too many orders for cables. Why wouldn't they get someone in the office to post them for their reliable customers...
Or else - other retailers should have that stuff in stock too.

koochey

• Beta-testers
    • Den Ishu
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 11:27:31 am »
the link is down - seems they work on something !?
come on Arturia - give us an option - i am looking specifically for the USB splitter cable !

Melly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 07:59:45 pm »
they obviously only use courier and slap on the insurance too, would cost about 5 euro's if could be bothered walking to a post office , very slack i have to say ...

sealion

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 04:27:15 am »
a cheap dollar store usb to micro usb cable works fine, same cable as cellphone charging and syncing.  The white cable mine came with was a problem.  But the mini to midi cables are another issue.
The korg ones should work.  Most of the cost is couriers. Too bad.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 05:27:24 am »
Dead easy to make your own 1/4" -> din cable if you are versed with a  soldering iron.  Just need to find out which pins the tip and ring are connected to on the din plug end and go for it.

As for the usb y-cable, I've no idea if that is a simple split or if it has any components in y section for keeping things hunky dory.

I just bit the bullet and bought a 3.x Evolver firmware PIC from DSI 14yrs after buying the synth.  One of the reasons I left it so long was the cost of postage is half the cost of the chip!  Originally DSI were asking use to send our units to them to install the chip, postage paid us.  Only now the machine is discontinued and the cost of the PIC is half what it was originally, I finally decided it I'd better grab one before they are discontinued also.
When there is an exorbitant postage fee, I try to order most than just one thing but Dave doesn't have anything but replacement encoders and pots, psu's and manuals for sale on their site.  Not even a teeshirt!  So I paid $38us for the chip, of which $13 was postage.  Not quite as bad as what the cable kit costs to ship, but I know the pain of not wanting to sell a kidney to pay for an item directly from the manufacturer.

Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines