March 28, 2024, 10:36:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab MKII script for Ableton Live 9.7???  (Read 12131 times)

pgallo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minilab MKII script for Ableton Live 9.7???
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:17:12 am »
So another customer with the same issues.

I tried the solutions provided in the "SOLVED" thread but not really getting far.

Ableton live 9.7, Win 7

I have the midi/sync setted up like in the screenshot.
Like this, I dont have any script for Live, so no automapping, no "surface" control", but at least i can load the Analog Lab's VST and use all the knobs and browse it correctly.

but this is only half its functionality. It even comes bundled with Live! how come there is no remote script?

Will there be a day when i can use the nice script you have for the MK1 to select tracks/scenes and use sends and pans, etc plus the automap AND when selecting the Analog Lab VST, being able to browse its parameters and tweak them? That is, without going to the Midi/Sync tab each time, right? I really thought that was the deal with this thing, and its why i bought it.
Im dissapointed :(

pgallo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minilab MKII script for Ableton Live 9.7???
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:39:10 am »
I should add that if i enable the "Minilab" script and set the input and output's remote to "ON", i can somewhat use the script correctly, that is: sends a, b, pan, vol, scene, track, etc. i also have automap with the first knobs. but no control at all over the Analog Lab (Within ableton). Also, if i change to any of the "Device Memory" with the shift+pad, it completely glitches out all the knobs, jumping all over the place, and even coming back to the "1: Analog lab" memory, still has everything messed up, i have to re-connect it to go back to normal (something we all hate to do..). I guess it's meant to be Memory 1 to control the Analog Lab's VST, and memory 8 to control Live's script? at least according to what the Midi Control Center shows.. Well that isnt happening at all. On top of that, using Shift+Keyboard to change midi channels doesnt do anything in ableton live, the controller always outputs to ableton's midi channel 1.
I hope this is all being solved by arturia...otherwise i will have to sell this thing..

Masonh79

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

Masonh79

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 06:11:01 pm »
Got this answer from support:

"I'm really sorry for your dissapointment.

I just got complementary information about that, for your information, the 9.7.2 version of Live which will include the control surface mapping script for the minilab MKii will be released during April.

Ableton just confirm it to us.

It will also probably be included in the beta version of the 9.7.2 which should be out probably next week but i cannot guarantee it actually.

Sorry again for this inconvenience."

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 06:55:10 pm »
Hi everyone , sorry for the loooong delay.
we just released a new firmware for the minilab mkII (1.0.9.83).
You can get it via our downloads page.

From there, 2 options :

- you wait for the official live 9.7.2 release, which will contain the minilab mkII script
- you join the ableton live beta campaign, a new beta should be out next week, and will contain the script.

Sorry it has been so long to make.
Thanks for your understanding.

best,

pgallo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »
could you link us to the download for the script?

CeKO

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 01:51:13 pm »
Is there a way to make it work completely with Ableton Live 9.6 ??
Arturia has not notified that did not work fully with previous versions of Ableton, this is not correct, I find it absurd, unacceptable to the reputation of Arturia ...

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 04:25:43 pm »
Hi everyone, hope you're all fine.

To answer to your questions , here are some words about how does the minilab mkII midi remote script works with ableton Live.

remember you have to update your minilab mkII to fw 1.0.9.83 , available here : https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manualsor directly in your midi control center.

you also have to be on Live 9.7.2 beta, which supports the minilab mkII . Official live 9.7.2 release is scheduled to be released somewhere in april.
For users who were complaining of the non- support of the script on live 9.6 versions, there should not be a problem to update their Live to current version, or join the ableton beta campaign.

so how does it work ?
Live writes the script inside minilab mkII memory 8 only, at the opening of Live or once your minilab mkII is set to control Live. The process is very fast, around 4 seconds.
Please note that if you stored something else inside memory 8, Live will overwrite this memory on each live opening.

Once set up in live preferences as a control surface ( Control surface : minilab mkII / Input and output : Arturia MiniLab mkII and in midi ports : minilab mkII input and output  track and remote on)
Quit prefs, switch on memory 8 ( with shift + pad 8 ) and you're ready to go !

now on memory 8 :
knob 8 will make you scroll live left / right
knob 16 will make you scroll up/down
knobs 1 to 4, and 9 to 12 will be linked to live device parameters
knobs 5-6 will make you control selected track send A/B
knob 13 will make you control selected track panning
knob 14 will make you control selected track output level
knobs 7 and 15 will make you control  Return A and B level

And what about pads?

Still on memory 8 , PAD 1 to 8 will make you control clips from 1 to 8

and how can i control clips?

Once your track is armed (can be done manually or automatically if you insert a virtual instrument in it) simply browse to the desired scene using minilab mkII knobs 8 and 16. Once Live cursor is placed on the right location, simply press the corresponding pad on your minilab mkII. As an example , midi track 1 is armed , Live cursor is well placed, if you press pad 1 , recording will start and your pad will light up red.
If you press pad 1 again, clip recording will stop, then start playing , and your pad will light up green.
After the insertion of a Virtual instrument , you can also do a double mouse-click on the desired clip location to edit all it’s settings, writing midi notes. Corresponding pad of your minilab mkII will light up yellow.
(please refer to Ableton Live manual, to learn more about midi clips settings)
Once your clip and notes are set, press the yellow pad on your minilab mkII, your clip will start and your pad will light up green. Once the clip is stopped, pad’s color will switch back to yellow.
Stopping your clip will depend of your clip settings, but you can’t stop it using pads of your minilab mkII by default. Please remember that Live transport buttons can be midi mapped to any pad of your minilab mkII

How can i control my virtual synth without interfering with Live controls?

No need to worry about that ! Insert your favorite synth to any track, switch on minilab mkII any memory between 2 and 7 (remember Memory 1 is reserved for controlling analog lab only). Once switched to the desired memory, you will control and map your synth parameters. If you want to get back on Live controls, simply switch back to memory 8.

Is there anyway to do some finger drumming with minilab mkII pads?

Sure ! Just load a drum rack on the desired track, switch on any minilab mkII memory between 2 and 7. You can then use pads 1 to 8 to create beats.
Again , if you want to switch back to live controls, simply switch to memory 8 on your minilab mkII

Hope to have answered to your questions,
feel free to come back to me if needed, sorry if i can't be as reactive as i would.

best,
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:38:30 am by Germain.arturia »

pgallo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 04:32:43 pm »
Thanks for this reply Germaine. Too bad this wasn't available on release as it was actually marketed.

ivy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 05:58:57 am »
I agree with CeKo. Can we get a config script to make this work with previous versions of Ableton. I have 9.6. I do not want to upgrade or be in the beta group.

I bought the Minilab MK11 because it advertised it was a control surface with Live currently. Now I'm reading it is not  :-[

ivy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 02:23:47 am »
I was able to get the firmware upgrade and Iit seems I have Live controlled as far as launching tracks and navigating. But now when I want to use the pads with a Drum Rack, no matter whatmemory bank I select 2-7, it all does what Memory 8 does and controls clips.

I opened the Midi mapping program and everything on 2-7 looks like it should work :\

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 11:15:16 am »
Hi Ivy,
as mentioned earlier you can use pads 1 to 8 for finger drumming, while on a memory between 2 or 7.
By any chance, could it be that you're on pads 9-16? ( pads 9-16 do not send midi notes by default, but be configured to do this in midi control center)
if it is still not working, maybe you could try a factory reset ( by holding oct+/oct - buttons when powering up your unit)

best,

ivy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 04:41:11 am »
Ok I updated to 9.7.2. The MKii is now a control surface.
When I load Analog on a track though, and tweak the Minilab MKii knobs - the mapping is really all over the place.

For example -
knob 1 - Analog Filter 1 Freq
knob 2 - Analog Filter 1 Resonance
knob 3 - Analog Filter 1 Shape
knob 4 - Analog Filter 1 Octave
knob 5 - jumps Track Send A ?

Knobs 9 - 12 control some other Analog params but jump in a weird order.

Shouldn't they map from left to right on the Analog params to be somewhat intuitive?
I don't get it. Are the mappings still wrong - I'm on Memory 8.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »
Hi Ivy,
when you want to control analog lab 2 , you have to be on memory 1
so for the workflow :
you launch live with your minilab mkII connected
switch to memory 8 if you want to control LIVE parameters
now load analog lab 2 on any track
once analog lab 2 GUI is open , switch to memory 1 to control parameters inside ANALOG LAB only.
want to switch back to live control ( i.e for browsing through tracks/scenes) switch to memory 8

hope it helps,
best

treibstoff

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 06:15:51 pm »
I dont see any sense with starting clips with pads 1-8 when i can only start the clips and not stop them ?? what is this ???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines